Main Article Content
This paper is aimed to provide the best advice related to the importance of risk culture in facing Covid-
19 pandemic. As we know, until now, July 2020, the number of victims who were infected by Covid-
19 is increasing every day. The latest information on July 20, 2020, In Indonesia, there were more tha n
88,000 people were positive covid-19 and more than 4000 people died. This number continues to increase every day. It even happened in one day, the number of positive victims increased to more than 1000 cases. This indirectly indicates a failure in managing risk and a lack of awareness of all parties toward the importance of risk culture. In this paper, we will learn how to develop and nurture risk culture in organization by integrating risk management, transformational leader, and change management. This paper was written based on the study literatures. The result of the paper explains that risk culture is one of the most importance things which should be done in facing this Covid-19 pandemic and facing others risk. It is also provided guidelines related to what should be done or not when facing risks. For organizations, the given advice is that all parties in that organization (risk management, transformational leader, and change management) must collaborate in developing and nurturing risk culture. Moreover, specially to face Covid-19 Pandemic, the given advice is that all of the parties (community, government, and medical personnel) must understand the importance of risk culture and cooperate to face the pandemic.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Ancok, D & Soleh, M. (2019). Strategic Talent Management: Tips & Trik dalam Mencetak Talenta Unggul. Jakarta: IPB Press
- Anderson, D & Anderson, L.A. (2010). Beyond Change Management: How to Achieve Breakthrough Result Through Concious Change Leadership. San Francisco: Pfeiffer
- Anonimous (2020). Indonesia’s Latest Official Covid-19 Figures. The Jakarta Post. https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2020/03/23/indonesias-latest-covid-19-figures.html
- Anonimous (2020). Daily Cases of Covid-19 in Indonesia. https://covid19.go.id/peta-sebaran
- Anonimous (2020). Puluhan Nakes Positif Covid-19, Dinkes Sidoarjo Audit Pemakaian APD. Jawa Pos. https://www.jawapos.com/surabaya/26/06/2020/puluhan-nakes-positif-covid-19-dinkes- sidoarjo-audit-pemakaian-apd/
- Bodie, G. D. (2012). Listening as positive communication. In T. Socha & M. Pitts (Eds.), The positive side of interpersonal communication (pp. 109–125). New York: Peter Lang. https://www.academia.edu/669027/Listening_as_Positive_Communication?auto= download
- Business Dictionary. What is Risk? Definition and Meaning. http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/risk.html.
- Egehan, L (2020). Gugus Tugas Jelaskan Penyebab Kasus Baru Covid-19 Bertambah lebih dari 1000 Kasus per Hari. Liputan6 News. https://www.liputan6.com/news/read/4295180/gugus-tugas-jelaskan- penyebab-kasus-baru-covid-19-bertambah-lebih-dari-1000-per-hari
- Hanafi, Mamduh M, (2012). Manajemen Risiko. Jakarta: UPP STIM YKPN
- Heri. 2015. Manajemen Risiko Bisnis – Entrerprise Risk Management “Every Employee is Risk Owner”. Jakarta: Grasindo
- Isfandiari, M. A (2020). Dua penyebab utama kasus Covid-19 di Jawa Timur terparah hingga melampaui DKI Jakarta. The Conversation. https://theconversation.com/dua-penyebab-utama- kasus-covid-19-di-jawa-timur-terparah-hingga-melampaui-dki-jakarta-142378
- ISO 31000:2018 Second Edition. https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:std:iso:31000:ed-2:v1:en
- Jeffrey Gandz & Gerard Seijts, 2013. Leadership & Risk Culture. Ivey Business Journal. https://iveybusinessjournal.com/publication/leadership-and-risk-culture/
- KBBI. Arti Kata Risiko – Kamus Besar Bahasa Indonesia. https://kbbi.web.id/risiko-atau-resiko
- Leo, J. S. & Kaho, V. R (2014). Manajemen Risiko Berbasis ISO 31000 untuk Industri Nonperbankan. Jakarta: PPM
- Leo, J. S. & Kaho, V. R (2019). Manajemen Risiko. Panduan untuk Risk Leaders dan Risk Practioners. Jakarta: Kompas Gramedia
- Luburić, Radoica. (2017). Quality culture and risk culture in terms of more effective management. International Conference Quality System Condition for Successful Business & Competitiveness. Kapaonik. 29/11.-01/12/2017. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/321532149_QUALITY_CULTURE_AND_RISK_C ULTURE_IN_TERMS_OF_MORE_EFFECTIVE_MANAGEMENT
- Robbins, S. P. (1991) Organizational Behavior, Concepts, Controversies, and Application.
- Soleh, M (2012). Arsitektur Teknologi Informasi Yayasan Azka Edukasi Bangsa dalam Mengembangkan Pelayanan Terapi Berbasis Internet. Tesis. Bogor: IPB WHO (2020). Indonesia: Corona virus Disease Dashboard. https://covid19.who.int/