Main Article Content
During the COVID-19 pandemic, companies experienced changes in working hours and faced different work situations from before the pandemic. One of the most important things to face these challenges is how to maintain the performance of the company's employees so that they continue to give their best performance. This is due to health threats, changes in the work system, and changes in the environmental conditions faced. The novelty of the study when compared with previous studies is that there are differences in exogenous variables. The researcher analyzed the influence of the safety culture and sense of belonging variables on performance, which was processed using SMART PLS to determine the magnitude of the influence of each variable indicator. The research method used is a quantitative method with a survey approach. This study used a sample of 66 people who were obtained by random sampling technique, had a minimum of one year of work experience and were permanent employees of the company. Each variable will be tested for convergent validity, discriminant validity, reliability, R2, and significance. The results of the research based on the value of R2 show that the culture of safety and sense of belonging has an influence of 24.6% on performance. The safety culture indicators have a significant effect on performance with a T count = 4.655, while the sense of belonging has a significant effect on performance with a T count = 3.451. Finally, it can be concluded from the results of research on employees of manufacturing companies in Merak Banten that both latent variables exogenous safety culture (X1) and sense of belonging (X2) with their indicators significantly affect performance (Y). This means that by increasing the culture of safety and sense of belonging, it will be able to improve employee performance in the company.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The author sends the manuscript with the understanding that if accepted for publication, the copyright of the article belongs to the author and retains publishing rights without restriction.
Copyright includes the non-exclusive right to reproduce and submit articles in all forms and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilm, and other similar reproductions, as well as translations. Reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in the database and its transmission by all forms of media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopying, recording, magnetic media, etc.
The journal editorial board makes every effort to ensure that no false or misleading data, opinions, or statements are published in the journal. Either way, the contents of articles and advertisements published in journals are the sole and exclusive responsibility of each writer and advertiser.
All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options, currently being defined for this journal as follows: Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
- Afryana, S. D. (2018). Pengaruh Employee Engagement terhadap Sense of Belonging (Studi di Bandung Techno Park). Jurnal Indonesia Membangun, 17(2), 45–57.
- A. Soegihartono, “ Pengaruh Kepemimpinan dan Kepuasan Kerja terhadap Kinerja dengan Mediasi Komitmen,” Jurnal Mitra Ekonomi dan Manajemen Bisnis, Vol.3 (1), April 2012, hh. 123 – 140.
- Chen, W. T., Wang, C. W., Lu, S. T., & Pan, N.-H. (2018). The Impact of Safety Culture on Safety Performance : a Case Study of a Construction Company. International Journal of Organizational Innovation, 11(July), 301.
- Christina, W. Y., Ludfi, D., & Thoyib, A. (2012). Pengaruh Budaya Keselamatan Dan Kesehatan Kerja ( K3 ) Terhadap Kinerja Proyek Konstruksi. Jurnal Rekayasa Sipil, 6(1), 83–95.
- Clarke, S. (2003). The contemporary workforce: Implications for organisational safety culture. Personnel Review, 32(1), 40-57. doi:10.1108/00483480310454718
- Daugherty Biddison, E. L., Paine, L., Murakami, P., Herzke, C., & Weaver, S. J. (2016). Associations between safety culture and employee engagement over time: A retrospective analysis. BMJ Quality and Safety, 25(1), 31–37. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjqs-2014-003910
- Eren, E., & Vardarlıer, P. (2013). Social Media’s Role in Developing an Employees Sense of Belonging in the Work Place as an HRM Strategy. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 99, 852–860. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2013.10.557
- Hidayati, N., Hanif, R., & Pradesa, H. A. (2016). The Influence of Service Quality and Sense of Belonging toward Members ’ Participation in Co-operative Enterprise. 18(7), 56–65. https://doi.org/10.9790/487X-1807025665
- Hidayati, N., Pradesa, H. A., Hanif, R., & Sunaryo, H. (2016). Mediating Role of Members Participation and Sense of Belonging In The Effect of Service Quality on Co- operatives Performance Nur Hidayati Rifki Hanif Asia Malang Economy Science College Hadi Sunaryo. International Conference on Economics, Business and Social Sciences (ICEBUSS 2016), Icebuss.
- Kristiana, Y., Pramono, R., & Brian, R. (2021). Adaptation Strategy of Tourism Industry Stakeholders During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Case Study in Indonesia. Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business, 8(4), 0213–0223. doi:10.13106/jafeb.2021.vol8.no4.0213
- Makadao, E., Kawet, L., Rondonuwu, C., Sam, U., & Manado, R. (2017). Pengaruh Keselamatan Dan Kesehatan Kerja Terhadap Kinerja Karyawan Pt. Bimoli Bitung. Jurnal EMBA: Jurnal Riset Ekonomi, Manajemen, Bisnis Dan Akuntansi, 5(3), 4305–4312. https://doi.org/10.35794/emba.v5i3.18424
- Marzuki, H., Sularso, R. A., & Purbangkoro, M. (2018). Pengaruh Budaya Keselamatan Kerja, Kepimimpinan Dan Motivasi Terhadap Kepuasan Kerja Dan Kinerja Karyawan Pada Perusahaan Minyak Dan Gas Bumi “X” Di Propinsi Kalimantan Timur. Bisma, 12(1), 51. https://doi.org/10.19184/bisma.v12i1.7601
- Mulyono, K., Program, M., Doktor, S., & Ekonomi, I. (2013). Pengaruh Budaya K3 dan Gaya Kepemimpinan terhadap Kepuasan Kerja dan Kinerja Karyawan pada Divisi Operasi Tambang Di PT Newmont Nusa Tenggara. Jurnal Ilmu Ekonomi & Manajemen, 9(1), 71–81.
- Setiono, B. A. (2018). Pengaruh Budaya K3 dan Iklim K3 Terhadap Kinerja Karyawan PT . Pelindo III ( Persero ) Provinsi Jawa Timur ( Effect of K3 Culture and K3 Climate on Employee Performance at PT . Pelindo III ( Persero ) East Java Province ) Benny Agus Setiono Jurusan Ketata. Jurnal Aplikasi Pelayaran Dan Kepelabuhanan, 9(1), 21–36.
- Slamti, F. (2020). 51 st International Scientific Conference on Economic and Social Development Development. 51st International Scientific Conference on Economic and Social Development, March, 286.
- Sugiono, N., Kusrini, E., Ali, J., & Miranda, S. (2020). The Effect of Employee , Management , Working Environment , and Safety Culture on Occupational Health and Safety Performance : A Case Study in an Oil and Gas Company in Indonesia. The International Journal of Integrated Engineering, 12(7), 268–279.