Main Article Content
The Covid-19 pandemic that has hit the whole world has caused economic problems. Household consumption or the purchasing power of the Indonesian people fell very deeply. Whereas consumption or people's purchasing power supports 60% of the Indonesian economy. Therefore, the pattern of marketing is changed by doing marketing online. Companies use social media influencer to advertise their products. This study was conducted to analyze the impact of social media influencers and brand image on online consumer purchase intentions. The criteria for respondents in this study were women aged 18 years and over who followed Tasya Farasya's Instagram and knew about Maybelline products. Partial Least Square (PLS) is used to analyze the respondent's data that has been collected. The results of this study indicate that social media influencers have no positive and significant effect on online purchase intentions. Meanwhile, brand image has a positive and significant effect on online purchase intentions.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The author sends the manuscript with the understanding that if accepted for publication, the copyright of the article belongs to the author and retains publishing rights without restriction.
Copyright includes the non-exclusive right to reproduce and submit articles in all forms and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilm, and other similar reproductions, as well as translations. Reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in the database and its transmission by all forms of media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopying, recording, magnetic media, etc.
The journal editorial board makes every effort to ensure that no false or misleading data, opinions, or statements are published in the journal. Either way, the contents of articles and advertisements published in journals are the sole and exclusive responsibility of each writer and advertiser.
All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options, currently being defined for this journal as follows: Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- Anugrah, A. (2021). Media Sosial Jadi Kebutuhan, Influencer Jadi Incaran. Okezone.Com. https://economy.okezone.com/read/2021/06/08/320/2422051/media-sosial-jadi-kebutuhan-influencer-jadi-incaran
- Aryanto, A. (2020). Di Tengah Covid-19, Pemasaran Online dan Digital Branding Jadi Pilihan. WartaEkonomi.Co.Id. https://www.wartaekonomi.co.id/read280988/di-tengah-covid-19-pemasaran-online-dan-digital-branding-jadi-pilihan
- Brand, T. (2021). Top Brand Index Fase 1 2021. Top Brand. https://www.topbrand-award.com/top-brand-index/
- Brown, D., & Hayes, N. (2008). Influencer Marketing Who Really Influences Your Customers? (First). Butterworth Heinemann.
- Clow, K. E. C., & Baack, D. (2018). Engage , Assess , Apply with MyLabMarketing.
- Frolov, A. (2021). 7 Tren Pemasaran Influencer Diharapkan pada tahun 2021. Martech Zone. https://id.martech.zone/tren-pemasaran-influencer/
- Ghozali, I. (2014). Structural Equation Modeling: Metode Alternatif Dengan Partial Least Square (PLS) (Edisi Keempat). (4th ed.). Badan Penerbit Universitas Diponegoro.
- Ghozali, I., & Latan, H. (2015). Partial Least Square. Konsep Teknik Dan Aplikasi Menggunakan Program SmartPLS, 3.
- Halim, E., & Karami, R. H. (2020). Information systems, social media influencers and subjective norms impact to purchase intentions in e-commerce. Proceedings of 2020 International Conference on Information Management and Technology, ICIMTech 2020, August, 899–904. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICIMTech50083.2020.9211117
- Hermanda, A., Sumarwan, U., & Tinaprillia, N. (2019). the Effect of Social Media Influencer on Brand Image, Self-Concept, and Purchase Intention. Journal of Consumer Sciences, 4(2), 76–89. https://doi.org/10.29244/jcs.4.2.76-89
- Iqbal, S., Hunjra, A. I., & Rehman, K. U. (2012). Consumer Intention to Shop Online: B2c E-Commerce in Developing Countries. Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research, 12.
- Ismayanti, N. M. A., & Santika, I. W. (2017). Pengaruh Celebrity Endorser , Brand Image , Kualitas Produk Terhadap Niat Beli Sepatu Olahraga Nike Di Kota Denpasar. E-Journal Manajemen Unud, 6(10), 5720–5747. https://media.neliti.com/media/publications/75449-ID-pengaruh-kualitas-produk-dan-brand-image.pdf
- Isyanto, P., Sapitri, R. G., & Sinaga, O. (2020). Micro influencers marketing and brand image to purchase intention of cosmetic products focallure. Systematic Reviews in Pharmacy, 11(1), 601–605. https://doi.org/10.5530/srp.2020.1.75
- Keller, K. L. (2013). Strategic Brand Management Building Measuring and Managing Brand Equity 4th edition (4th ed.). Pearson Education.
- Khodabandeh, A., & Lindh, C. (2021). The importance of brands, commitment, and influencers on purchase intent in the context of online relationships. Australasian Marketing Journal, 29(2), 177–186. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ausmj.2020.03.003
- Kotler, P., & Keller, K. L. (2009). Manajemen Pemasaran Edisi 13 Jilid 1.
- Laoli, N. (2020). Penjualan L’Oreal pada kuartal III 2020 mulai pulih pasca lockdown dilonggarkan. Internasional.Kontan.Co.Id. https://internasional.kontan.co.id/news/penjualan-loreal-pada-kuartal-iii-2020-mulai-pulih-pasca-lockdown-dilonggarkan
- Lim, X. J., Mohd Radzol, A. R. bt, Cheah, J.-H. (Jacky), & Wong, M. W. (2017). The Impact of Social Media Influencers on Purchase Intention and the Mediation Effect of Customer Attitude. Asian Journal of Business Research, 7(2), 19–36. https://doi.org/10.14707/ajbr.170035
- Loeper, A., Steiner, J., & Stewart, C. (2014). Influential Opinion Leaders. Economic Journal, 124(581), 1147–1167. https://doi.org/10.1111/ecoj.12100
- Malhotra, N. K. (2010). Riset Pemasaran : Pendekatan Terapan (Jilid 2) (4th ed.). Indeks.
- Nurhandayani, A., Syarief, R., Syarief, R., & Najib, M. (2019). The Impact of Social Media Influencer and Brand Images to Purchase Intention. Universitas Brawijaya Journal of Applied Management (JAM), 17(4), 650–661. http://dx.
- Samat, M. F., Ramlee, N. A. Z., Bakar, H. A., Annual, N., & Rasid, M. F. R. M. (2016). Endorser Credibility and Its Influence on the Purchase Intention of Social Networking Sites Consumer : a Mediating Role of Attitudes Towards Sns. International Journal of Management and Applied Science, 2(12), 50–56.
- Schiffman, L. G., & Wisenblit, J. L. (2015). Consumer Behavior, Eleventh Edition. In Consumer Behavior (Issue 6).
- Shimp, T. A. (2006). Advertising, Promotion, and Other Aspects of Integrated Marketing Communications SEVENTH IEDITION. http://www.thomsonrights.com.
- Tallo, J. (2020). Sri Mulyani: Corona Beri 3 Dampak Besar ke Ekonomi Indonesia. Liputan6.Com. https://www.liputan6.com/bisnis/read/4292763/sri-mulyani-corona-beri-3-dampak-besar-ke-ekonomi-indonesia
- Turban, E., King, D., Lee, J. K., Liang, T.-P., & Turban, D. C. (2015). Electronic Commerce - A Managerial and Social Perspective. In Springer. http://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783319100906
- Weismueller, J., Harrigan, P., Wang, S., & Soutar, G. N. (2020). Influencer endorsements: How advertising disclosure and source credibility affect consumer purchase intention on social media. Australasian Marketing Journal, 28(4), 160–170. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ausmj.2020.03.002