Main Article Content
The existence of a corona virus epidemic or Covid-19 that lasted a long time in several countries, one of which in Indonesia has a negative impact on the Micro and Small Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). The impact that occurred was the decline in turnover due to the reduced number of buyers, where many MSMEs had to close their businesses. When entering the new normalcy era or the New Normal era, the SMEs will open their businesses again but get new challenges in terms of product innovation. Innovation is needed to make a business survive in the new normal era, one of which is innovation in terms of product types. The purpose of this study is to produce recommendations for SMEs in determining the right product innovation strategy in the New Normal era. This study raises the formulation of the problem of how the SME product innovation strategy in the current era of New Normal. The method used in this study is a qualitative research method with data collection techniques through network interviews and descriptive data analysis techniques, with research informants who are SMEs in East Jakarta. The results of this study indicate that in the New Normal era, the SMEs are implementing a product innovation strategy by changing the shape of the product in the same type (changing shape) and also changing the type of product that is different from the previous product (changing type). By implementing the two product innovation strategies, SMEs can still compete in the New Normal era at this time. Recommendations from this research are expected to be used by SMEs to be more innovative in producing culinary products so they can survive in the New Normal era.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The author sends the manuscript with the understanding that if accepted for publication, the copyright of the article belongs to the author and retains publishing rights without restriction.
Copyright includes the non-exclusive right to reproduce and submit articles in all forms and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilm, and other similar reproductions, as well as translations. Reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in the database and its transmission by all forms of media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopying, recording, magnetic media, etc.
The journal editorial board makes every effort to ensure that no false or misleading data, opinions, or statements are published in the journal. Either way, the contents of articles and advertisements published in journals are the sole and exclusive responsibility of each writer and advertiser.
All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options, currently being defined for this journal as follows: Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- Arikunto, Suharsimi. (2006). Prosedur Penelitian Suatu Pendekatan Praktik. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
- Bungin, Burhan. (2003). Analisis Data Penelitian Kualitatif. Jakarta: PT Rajagrafindo Persada.
- Creswell, John W. (1998). Qualitative Inquiry and Research Design: Choosing Among Five Traditions. California: Thousand Oaks, SagePublications, Inc.
- Denzin, Norman K. dan Guba, Egon. (2001). Teori dan Paradigma Penelitian Sosial; Pemikiran dan Penerapannya, Penyunting: Agus Salim. Yogyakarta: PT Tiara Wacana.
- Djauhari, M. A. (2016). Advanced Monitoring Techniques for Complex Process Variability in Manufacturing Industry. University Putra Malaysia Press.
- Djauhari, M. A. (2005). Improved Monitoring of Multivariate Process Variability. Journal of Quality Technology, 37:1, 32-39.
- Hidayat, MS. (2013). Perkuatan Klaster Industri Menuju Daya Saing, Jakarta: Disperindag,.
- Ife, Jim. (1995). Community Development Creating Community Alternatives, Vision, Analysis and Practice. Sydney, Australia: Longman.
- Kementerian KUKM. (2020). Profil UMKM Nasional 2019. Jakarta: Kementerian KUKM.
- Kotler, Philip. (2008). Manajemen Pemasaran I. Jakarta: Erlangga.
- Moleong, Lexy J. (2005). Metode Penelitian Kualitatif. Bandung: P.T. Remaja Rosda Karya
- Sanjaya, R. & Josua, T. (2009). Creative Digital Marketing. Jakarta: PT Elex Media Komputindo