Main Article Content
The Mergers are carried out by the companies to get a number of benefits. Mutually beneficial conditions will occur if the merger activities carried out can create the synergy, which finally, it is expected to improve the company's performance. This study aims to determine whether the financial performance after the merger has changed or not. The financial ratios studied are financial ratios four years after the merger and before the merger. This research was conducted by quantitative methods, by taking data from PT. Bank Woori Saudara Indonesia 1906, Tbk, which has merged in 2014 and has engaged in banking financial services. Sampling in this study uses quota sampling. the data is obtained from one bank, that is, a bank which has merged. The parametric test used to answer the hypothesis in this study was the Paired Sample T-Test. The results of this study indicate that in partial testing of the seven financial ratios, there was a significant difference in the ratio of BR and EPS, while the CAR, TATO, NPM, ROI, and ROE ratios showed no significant differences. So the merger process carried out by banks does not show a significant difference because the synergy has not yet been achieved after the merger.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The author sends the manuscript with the understanding that if accepted for publication, the copyright of the article belongs to the author and retains publishing rights without restriction.
Copyright includes the non-exclusive right to reproduce and submit articles in all forms and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilm, and other similar reproductions, as well as translations. Reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in the database and its transmission by all forms of media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopying, recording, magnetic media, etc.
The journal editorial board makes every effort to ensure that no false or misleading data, opinions, or statements are published in the journal. Either way, the contents of articles and advertisements published in journals are the sole and exclusive responsibility of each writer and advertiser.
All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options, currently being defined for this journal as follows: Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- Ahmed, F., Manwani, A., & Ahmed, S. (2018). Merger & acquisition strategy for growth, improved performance and survival in the financial sector. Jurnal Perspektif Pembiayaan Dan Pembangunan Daerah, 5(4), 196–214. https://doi.org/10.22437/ppd.v5i4.5010
- Heikal, M., Khaddafi, M., & Ummah, A. (2014). Influence Analysis of Return on Assets (ROA), Return on Equity (ROE), Net Profit Margin (NPM), Debt To Equity Ratio (DER), and current ratio (CR), Against Corporate Profit Growth In Automotive In Indonesia Stock Exchange. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, 4(12), 101–114. https://doi.org/10.6007/ijarbss/v4-i12/1331
- Heykal, M., & Hennisia, M. W. (2015). Analisis Hubungan antara Merger dan Akuisisi Terhadap Kinerja Keuangan dan Return Saham pada Perbankan yang Terdaftar Di BEI. Politeknik Negeri Jakarta, 1(3), 178–186. Retrieved from http://akuntansi.pnj.ac.id/upload/artikel/files/Mohammad Heykal, Monica Hennisia Wijayanti.pdf
- Juniarti. (2001). Contemporary Theory Sebagai Pendekatan Alternatif Dalam Penyusunan Laporan Konsolidasi. Jurnal Akuntansi Dan Keuangan, 3(1), 1–17. https://doi.org/10.9744/jak.3.1.pp.1-17
- Kemal, M. U. (2011). Post-Merger Profitability : A Case of Royal Bank of Scotland ( RBS ). International Journal of Business and Social Science, 2(5), 157–162. Retrieved from http://ijbssnet.com/view.php?u=http://ijbssnet.com/journals/Vol._2_No._5_[Special_Issue_-_March_2011]/20.pdf
- Kholis, N. K., Sumarmawati, E. D., & Mutmainah, H. M. (2018). Faktor-Faktor Yang Mempengaruhi Nilai Perusahaan. Jurnal Analisis Bisnis Ekonomi, 16(1), 19–25. https://doi.org/10.31603/bisnisekonomi.v16i1.2127
- Mahesh, R., & Prasad, D. (2012). Post Merger and Acquisition of Financial Performance Analysis: A Case Study of Select Indian Airline Companies. International Journal of Engineering and Management Sciences, 3(3), 362–369.
- Sofyan, M. (2019). Faktor-Faktor Yang Mempengaruhi Profitabilitas Bank Perkreditan Rakyat (BPR) di Provinsi Jawa Timur. Jurnal Inspirasi Bisnis Dan Manajemen, 3(1), 63–76. Retrieved from http://jurnal.unswagati.ac.id/index.php/jibm/article/view/2093
- Tarigan, P., & Pratomo, W. (2015). Analisis Dampak Merger dan Akuisisi Terhadap Abnormal Return dan Kinerja Keuangan Pada Perusahaan yang Terdaftar di Bursa Efek Indonesia. Jurnal Ekonomi Dan Keuangan, 3(3), 200–2012. Retrieved from https://media.neliti.com/media/publications/147945-ID-none.pdf
- Tugas, F. C. (2012). A Comparative Analysis of the Financial Ratios of Listed Firms Belonging to the Education Subsector in the Philippines for the Years 2009-2011. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 3(21), 173–190. Retrieved from http://ijbssnet.com/journals/Vol_3_No_21_November_2012/19.pdf
- Wau, R., Syarifuddin, A., & Herwanto, R. (2017). Analisis Perbandingan Economic Value Added (EVA) dan Return On Investment (ROI) Dalam Menilai Kinerja Keuangn Sub Sektor Farmasi yang Terdapat di Bursa Efek Indonesia. Business Studies, 2(1), 99–110. Retrieved from http://journal.uta45jakarta.ac.id/index.php/jbsuta/article/view/790/508
- Yanan, E. M., Hamza, S. M., & Basit, A. (2016). Impact of Merger and Acquisitions on Firms Financial Performance : A Study on United States of America. International Journal of Accounting & Business Management. https://doi.org/10.24924/ijabm/2016.11/v4.iss2/159.169