Main Article Content
This study aims to determine students 'perceptions of the term moonlighting lecturers and find out the effect of moonlinghting on lecturers' performance which is mediated by achievement motivation. This study uses quantitative methods with path analysis based on data from 145 student respondents in private universities in Jeneponto Regency. The results of the study showed that students perceive moonlighting as a natural thing for lecturers to do as an alternative to meet the needs of lecturers. The findings indicate that moonlighting has a significant positive indirect effect which is mediated by the achievement motivation of lecturers on the performance of
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The author sends the manuscript with the understanding that if accepted for publication, the copyright of the article belongs to the author and retains publishing rights without restriction.
Copyright includes the non-exclusive right to reproduce and submit articles in all forms and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilm, and other similar reproductions, as well as translations. Reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in the database and its transmission by all forms of media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopying, recording, magnetic media, etc.
The journal editorial board makes every effort to ensure that no false or misleading data, opinions, or statements are published in the journal. Either way, the contents of articles and advertisements published in journals are the sole and exclusive responsibility of each writer and advertiser.
All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options, currently being defined for this journal as follows: Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- Ara, K., & Akbar, A. (2016). A Study of Impact of Moonlighting Practices on Job Satisfaction of the University Teachers. Bulletin of Education and Research, 1(38), 101–116.
- Boateng, W. B., Adjei, P., & Oduro, A. D. (2013). Determinants of moonlighting in Ghana: an empirical ivestigayion. African Review of Economics and Finance, 4(2).
- Dickey, H., Watson, V., & Zangelidis, A. (2009). What Triggers Multiple Job Holding? An Experimental Investigation. Research Gate.
- Ekaette, U. (2006). Tasks Varsities on Quality Graduates. The Punc Newspaper.
- Foon,Yeoh Sok, Yin, J. H. S., & Fah, B. C. Y. (2012). Student Evaluation of Lecturer Performance Among Private University Students. Canadian Social Science, 8(4), 238–243. https://doi.org/10.3968/j.css.1923669720120804.3022
- Kimmel, J., & Conway, K. S. (1996). Who Moonlights and Why? Evidence from the SIPP.
- Ologunde, A. O., Akindele, R. I., & Akande, W. O. (2013). Moonlighting Among University Lecturers and Their Performance in the South-Western Nigeria. Journal of Management and Sustainability, 3(4). https://doi.org/10.5539/jms.v3n4p92
- Olugande, A. (2005). Motivation and Labour Turnover among University Teachers in Southwestern Nigeria. Obafemi Awolowo University Nigeria : The Dapartment of Management and Accounting.
- Oyaziwa, A. (2005). Enjancing Capacitu Building in Educational Science in Nigeria Universities : How Higher Education Manager Can Help. European Journal of Educational Stufies.
- Shisko, R., & Rostker, B. (1976). The Economics of Multiple Job Holding. The American Economic Review, 66(3), 298–308.
- Sofola, S. (2005). The Future of Public Universities.
- Stephen, R. (2008). Perilaku Organisasi (12th ed.). Salemba Empat.
- Timothy, V. L., & Nkwama, S. (2017). Moonlighting among teachers in urban Tanzania: A survey of public primary schools in Ilala District. Cogent Education, 4(1). https://doi.org/10.1080/2331186X.2017.1334434
- Widiawati, K. (2014). Persepsi Mahasiswa Dalam Menilai Kinerja Dosen Melalui Evaluasi Umpan Balik Dosen (Eub) Di Akademi Sekretari Dan Manajemen Bina Insani. Jurnal Administrasi Kantor, 2(2).
- Yamb, B., & Bikoue, M. (2016). The Determinants of Moonlighting among Lecturers of State Universities in Cameroon: An Evidence from a Log-Linear Model. Research in Applied Economics, 8(3), 19. https://doi.org/10.5296/rae.v8i3.8795