Main Article Content
This study aims to find out how the influence of Brand Ambassadors and price discounts on consumer purchase intentions in e-commerce Shopee (a case study of Shopee users in the city of Bandung). In this study, the independent variables were Brand Ambassador and price discount. While the dependent variable is purchase intention. The research method used in this research is descriptive and verification method. The population in this study are consumers who use e-commerce Shopee. The sampling technique used in this study was non-probability sampling using a purposive sampling technique with a total sample of 100 respondents. While the analytical method used in this study is the analysis of the Pearson product moment correlation coefficient and the coefficient of determination. The program used in analyzing the data uses the Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS) Ver. 24.00. The results showed that the Brand Ambassador variable had an influence on purchase intention by 21.3% and the price discount variable had an influence on purchase intention by 29%. Furthermore, simultaneously the Brand Ambassador and price discount variables have an influence on purchase intention by as much as 34%.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Agrawal, S. R., & Mittal, D. (2022). Optimizing customer engagement content strategy in retail and E-tail: Available on online product review videos. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 67, 102966.
- Akram, U., Junaid, M., Zafar, A. U., Li, Z., & Fan, M. (2021). Online purchase intention in Chinese social commerce platforms: Being emotional or rational? Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 63, 102669.
- Argyris, Y. A., Muqaddam, A., & Miller, S. (2021). The effects of the visual presentation of an Influencer’s Extroversion on perceived credibility and purchase intentions—moderated by personality matching with the audience. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 59, 102347.
- Cabeza-Ramírez, L. J., Sánchez-Cañizares, S. M., Santos-Roldán, L. M., & Fuentes-García, F. J. (2022). Impact of the perceived risk in influencers’ product recommendations on their followers’ purchase attitudes and intention. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 184, 121997.
- Chang, K.-C., Hsu, Y.-T., Hsu, C.-L., & Sung, Y.-K. (2019). Effect of tangibilization cues on consumer purchase intention in the social media context: Regulatory focus perspective and the moderating role of perceived trust. Telematics and Informatics, 44, 101265.
- Chevrollier, N., Argyrou, A., Ainiwaer, N., & Nijhof, A. (2023). On the encroachment of sustainable value propositions: Business model innovation for impact. Journal of Cleaner Production, 382, 135341.
- Colicev, A. (2022). How can non-fungible tokens bring value to brands. International Journal of Research in Marketing.
- Elhajjar, S. (2023). Factors influencing buying behavior of Lebanese consumers towards fashion brands during economic crisis: A qualitative study. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 71, 103224.
- Jiménez-Castillo, D., & Sánchez-Fernández, R. (2019). The role of digital influencers in brand recommendation: Examining their impact on engagement, expected value and purchase intention. International Journal of Information Management, 49, 366–376.
- Kim, J.-H., Song, H., & Youn, H. (2020). The chain of effects from authenticity cues to purchase intention: The role of emotions and restaurant image. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 85, 102354.
- Ma, J., Hong, J., Yoo, B., & Yang, J. (2021). The effect of religious commitment and global identity on purchase intention of luxury fashion products: A cross-cultural study. Journal of Business Research, 137, 244–254.
- Meng, L. M., Duan, S., Zhao, Y., Lü, K., & Chen, S. (2021). The impact of online celebrity in livestreaming E-commerce on purchase intention from the perspective of emotional contagion. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 63, 102733.
- Miah, M. R., Hossain, A., Shikder, R., Saha, T., & Neger, M. (2022). Evaluating the impact of social media on online shopping behavior during COVID-19 pandemic: A Bangladeshi consumers’ perspectives. Heliyon, 8(9), e10600.
- Ong, A. K. S., Cleofas, M. A., Prasetyo, Y. T., Chuenyindee, T., Young, M. N., Diaz, J. F. T., Nadlifatin, R., & Redi, A. A. N. P. (2021). Consumer behavior in clothing industry and its relationship with open innovation dynamics during the COVID-19 pandemic. Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity, 7(4), 211.
- Park, H. J., & Lin, L. M. (2020). The effects of match-ups on the consumer attitudes toward internet celebrities and their live streaming contents in the context of product endorsement. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 52, 101934.
- Ren, S., Karimi, S., Velázquez, A. B., & Cai, J. (2023). Endorsement effectiveness of different social media influencers: The moderating effect of brand competence and warmth. Journal of Business Research, 156, 113476.
- Rosendo-Rios, V., & Shukla, P. (2023). When luxury democratizes: Exploring the effects of luxury democratization, hedonic value and instrumental self-presentation on traditional luxury consumers’ behavioral intentions. Journal of Business Research, 155, 113448.
- Rungruangjit, W. (2022). What drives Taobao live streaming commerce? The role of parasocial relationships, congruence and source credibility in Chinese consumers’ purchase intentions. Heliyon, 8(6), e09676.
- Sardana, D., Cavusgil, E., & Gupta, N. (2021). The growing popularity of spiritual brands: What drives purchase intent? International Business Review, 30(4), 101777.
- Sharma, N., Lal, M., Goel, P., Sharma, A., & Rana, N. P. (2022). Being socially responsible: How green self-identity and locus of control impact green purchasing intentions? Journal of Cleaner Production, 357, 131895.
- Shen, H., Zhao, C., Fan, D. X. F., & Buhalis, D. (2022). The effect of hotel livestreaming on viewers’ purchase intention: Exploring the role of parasocial interaction and emotional engagement. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 107, 103348.
- Singh, J., Shukla, P., & Schlegelmilch, B. B. (2022). Desire, need, and obligation: Examining commitment to luxury brands in emerging markets. International Business Review, 31(3), 101947.
- Sugiyono. (2020). Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif. Kualitatif dan R&D. Alfabeta.
- Supana, M. M., Yusliza, M. Y., Saputra, J., Muhammad, Z., & Bon, A. T. (2021). A Review of Determinant Factors that Affect Consumer Purchase Decision and Satisfaction Literature. 11th Annual International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, IEOM 2021, 4008–4022.
- Tan, Y., Geng, S., Katsumata, S., & Xiong, X. (2021). The effects of ad heuristic and systematic cues on consumer brand awareness and purchase intention: Investigating the bias effect of heuristic information processing. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 63, 102696.
- Turjo, M. A., Sarkar, S. K., Prince, M. H., Sagorika, S. A., Rishad, M. M. A., Toki, G. F. I., Ahmed, T., & Mia, R. (2023). Analysis of buying perception of textile engineering students to identify the scope of local brands in Bangladeshi apparel market. Cleaner Engineering and Technology, 100597.
- Uhm, J.-P., Kim, S., Do, C., & Lee, H.-W. (2022). How augmented reality (AR) experience affects purchase intention in sport E-commerce: Roles of perceived diagnosticity, psychological distance, and perceived risks. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 67, 103027.
- Wahab, H. K. A., Tao, M., Tandon, A., Ashfaq, M., & Dhir, A. (2022). Social media celebrities and new world order. What drives purchasing behavior among social media followers? Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 68, 103076.
- Weismueller, J., Harrigan, P., Wang, S., & Soutar, G. N. (2020). Influencer endorsements: How advertising disclosure and source credibility affect consumer purchase intention on social media. Australasian Marketing Journal, 28(4), 160–170.
- Xue, M. T., & Chawdhary, R. (2023). ‘Co-branding as a masstige strategy for luxury brands: Desirable or not? Journal of Business Research, 158, 113704.