Main Article Content
Motivation and work discipline are the important things in an organization, because theh are a factor which plays a role in obtaining the optimal work. With the motivation accompanied by good work discipline of the employees will greatly affect the personal performance which in the end the organizational goals will be easily achieved. This study aims to determine the effect of motivation and discipline on employee performance, both together and partially. The approach of this research is quantitative with a population of 149 and sample 108. Data collection using questionnaires and data analysis using t test and F test. The results showed motivation has an influence on the performance of the Directorate of Ports of the Ministry of Transportation's employees by 15.6%. Discipline has an influence on the performance of the Ministry of Transportation's Port Directorate's employees by 19.4%. Motivation and Discipline together have an influence of 27.6%.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Amiroso, J. M. (2015). Influence of Discipline, Working Environment, Culture of Organization and Competence on Workers’ Performance through Motivation, Job Satisfaction (Study in Regional Development Planning Board of Sukoharjo Regency). European Journal of Business and Management. https://doi.org/ISSN 2222-1905 (Paper) ISSN 2222-2839
- Caillier, J. G. (2014). Toward a better understanding of the relationship between transformational leadership, public service motivation, mission valence, and employee performance: A preliminary study. Public Personnel Management, 43(2), 218–239. https://doi.org/10.1177/0091026014528478
- Eisele, L., Grohnert, T., Beausaert, S., & Segers, M. (2013). Employee motivation for personal development plan effectiveness. European Journal of Training and Development, 37(6), 527–543. https://doi.org/10.1108/EJTD-02-2013-0015
- Hendriyaldi. (2017). Pengaruh Motivasi Dan Disiplin Kerja Terhadap Kinerja Pegawai Direktorat Jenderal Perhubungan Darat Kementerian Perhubungan. Jurnal Ilmiah Universitas Batanghari, 17(2), 146–157. Retrieved from http://ji.unbari.ac.id/index.php/ilmiah/article/view/367/357
- Manzoor, A., Awan, H., & Mariam, S. (2012). Investigating the Ipact of Work Stress on Job Performance: A Study on Textile Sector of Faisalabad. Asian Journal of Business and Management Sciences, 2(1), 20–28. Retrieved from http://www.ajbms.org/articlepdf/3ajbms20121121721.pdf
- Manzoor, Q.-A. (2011). Impact of Employees Motivation on Organizational Effectiveness. Business Management and Strategy, 3(1), 1–12. https://doi.org/10.5296/bms.v3i1.904
- Patmawati, D., & Realize, R. (2018). The Effect Of Motivation And Discipline Toward Performance of Employee on PT Sempurna Readymix Concrete. Jurnal Apresiasi Ekonomi, 6(2), 133–142. https://doi.org/10.31846/jae.v6i2.74
- Shahzadi, I., Javed, A., Pirzada, S. S., Nasreen, S., & Khanam, F. (2014). Impact of Employee Motivation on Employee Performance. European Journal of Business and ManagementOnline), 6(23), 2222–2839. Retrieved from https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/4cbe/a9607d00a242b54a4bc9270b74352038e40f.pdf
- Wright, B. E., & Pandey, S. K. (2008). Public service motivation and the assumption of person-organization fit: Testing the mediating effect of value congruence. Administration and Society, 40(5), 502–521. https://doi.org/10.1177/0095399708320187
- Yuliana, D. (2017). Faktor-Faktor yang Mempengaruhi Kinerja Personel Ground Handling PT. Jasa Angkasa Semesta (PT. JAS) di Bandara Halim Perdana Kusuma – Jakarta. Warta Penelitian Perhubungan. https://doi.org/10.25104/warlit.v29i1.267