Main Article Content
The purpose of this research is to examine the paradigm change of governance implementation. The governance is the implementation of Regional Autonomy which refers to Law No. 32 of 2004 about the performance improvement of autonomous government agencies. It puts the vision, mission, and strategy into actions that confirm the success or failure levels when carrying out activities following the specified programs and policies. There are variables applied to assess the civil servants’ performance achievement. This research focused on the variables that affect the work environment, organizational culture, job satisfaction, and work motivation. The respondents of this research are officials of Echelon III and IV at 14 Autonomous Regional Agencies in the Pamekasan Regency. The number of samples in this study comprised 120 Echelon III and IV officials. Structural Equation Method (SEM) was applied to test the causal relationship between work environment variables, organizational culture, work motivation, job satisfaction, and performance with the aid of the AMOS 20.0 program. The findings indicated (1) the work environment has a significant effect on job satisfaction and performance but has no significant effect on work motivation; (2) organizational culture has a significant impact on job satisfaction and performance but has no significant effect on work motivation; (3) job satisfaction has a significant effect on performance but has no significant effect on work motivation; (4) work motivation has a significant impact on performance but it has no significant effect on work motivation.
- Baik, K., Kim, K. Y., & Patel, P. C. (2019). The internal ecosystem of high performance work system and employee service-providing capability: A contingency approach for servitizing firms. Journal of Business Research, 104, 402–410. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2019.02.028
- Balthazard, P. A., & Cooke, R. A. (2004). Organizational Culture and Knowledge Management Success: Assessing the Behavioral-Performance Continuum. Proceedings of the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 37, 3741–3750. https://doi.org/10.1109/hicss.2004.1265577
- Denison, D. R., & Mishra, A. K. (1995). Toward a Theory of Organizational Culture and Effectiveness. Organization Science, 6(2), 204–223. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.6.2.204
- Feinstein, A. H., & Vondrasek, D. (2000). A Study of Relationships Between Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment Among Restaurant Employees.
- Grund, C., & Sliwka, D. (2001). The Impact of Wage Increase on Job satisfaction-Emperical Evidence and Theorical Implications. IZA Discussion Paper, 387.
- Hochwarter, W. A., Perrewé, P. L., Ferris, G. R., & Brymer, R. A. (1999). Job Satisfaction and Performance: The Moderating Effects of Value Attainment and Affective Disposition. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 54(2), 296–313. https://doi.org/10.1006/jvbe.1998.1659
- Jespersen, K., & Gallemore, C. (2018). The Institutional Work of Payments for Ecosystem Services: Why the Mundane Should Matter. Ecological Economics, 146, 507–519. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolecon.2017.12.013
- Kanfer, R. (1990). Motivation and Individual Differences in Learning : An Integration of Developmental, Deferntial, and Cognitive Perspectives. Learning and Individual Differences, 2(2), 221–239. https://doi.org/10.1016/1041-6080(90)90023-A
- Kreitner, R., & Kinicki, A. (2005). Organizational Behavior. Salemba Empat.
- Luthans, F., Luthans, B. C., & Luthans, K. W. (2006). Organizational Behavior : An Evidence-based Approach. Andi.
- Mallak, L. A., Lyth, D. M., Olson, S. D., Ulshafer, S. M., & Sardone, F. J. (2003). Culture, The Built Environment and Healthcare Organizational Performance. Managing Service Quality: An International Journal, 13(1), 27–38. https://doi.org/10.1108/09604520310456690
- Mangkunegara. (2006). Performance Evaluation on Human Resources. Remaja Rosdakarya.
- Michaelis, A. K., Walton, W. C., Webster, D. W., & Shaffer, L. J. (2021). Cultural ecosystem services enabled through work with shellfish. Marine Policy, 132, 104689. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpol.2021.104689
- O’Reilly, C. A., Chatman, J., & Caldwell, D. F. (1991). People and Organizational culture: A Profile Comparison Approach to Assessing Person-Organizational Fit. Academy of Management Journal, 34(3), 487–516. https://doi.org/10.2307/256404
- Pfeffer, J., & Veiga, J. F. (1999). Putting people first for organizational success. IEEE Engineering Management Review, 27(3), 50–60. https://doi.org/10.5465/ame.1999.1899547
- Rachmawati. (2003). Influence of Work Environment to the Work Spirit of Employees of CV. Rapi Tri Utama in Surabaya. Postgraduate Program of Airlangga University.
- Richards, B., O’Brien, T., & Duane, A. (2004). Predicting the Organizational Commitment of Marketing Education and Health Occupations Education Teachers by Work Related Rewards. Journal of Industrial Teacher Education, 31(1), 49–64.
- Scott, S. G., & Einstein, W. O. (2001). Strategic Performance Appraisal in Team-Based Organizations: One size Does not Fit All. IEEE Engineering Management Review, 29(4), 7–15.
- Sobirin, A. (2007). Organizational Culture. UPP STIM YKPN.
- Staiano, L., Camba Sans, G. H., Baldassini, P., Gallego, F., Texeira, M. A., & Paruelo, J. M. (2021). Putting the Ecosystem Services idea at work: Applications on impact assessment and territorial planning. Environmental Development, 38, 100570. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envdev.2020.100570
- Stajkovic, A. D., & Luthans, F. (2001). Differential Effects of Incentive Motivators on Work Performance. Academy of Management Journal, 4(3), 580–590. https://doi.org/10.2307/3069372
- Thompson, B. S., & Harris, J. L. (2021). Changing environment and development institutions to enable payments for ecosystem services: The role of institutional work. Global Environmental Change, 67, 102227. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gloenvcha.2021.102227
- Wirawan. (2007). Evaluasi Kinerja Sumber Daya Manusia : Teori Aplikasi dan Penelitian. Salemba Empat.