Main Article Content
Law no. 23 of 2014 concerning Regional Government provides a legal basis for the Regional People's Representative Council (DPRD) in supervising the performance of regional government. The Manokwari DPRD, as one of the legislative institutions at the regional level, has an important role in carrying out this supervisory task. This research aims to examine the implementation of the Manokwari DPRD's duties in monitoring regional government performance based on Law no. 23 of 2014. The research method used is descriptive analysis with a qualitative approach. Data was obtained through interviews with members of the Manokwari DPRD, document analysis, and direct observation of the Manokwari DPRD's work processes related to monitoring regional government performance. The research results show that the Manokwari DPRD has carried out its supervisory duties in accordance with the provisions of Law no. 23 of 2014. They supervise regional government performance through a number of mechanisms, such as commission meetings, plenary meetings, and examination of regional heads' accountability reports. They also play an active role in monitoring the use of regional budgets and evaluating regional government programs. However, there are several challenges in carrying out the supervisory duties of the Manokwari DPRD. One of them is limited resources, both in terms of manpower and budget. Apart from that, sometimes there are political obstacles that affect the independence of the DPRD in carrying out its supervisory function. Some DPRD members also face obstacles in accessing information needed for supervision. In the context of monitoring regional government performance, the Manokwari DPRD has great potential to increase accountability and transparency of regional government. To overcome the challenges faced, efforts are needed to strengthen the capacity of DPRD members, increase budget allocations, and ensure DPRD independence in carrying out supervisory duties. Apart from that, good cooperation between the DPRD and regional governments in providing access to the necessary information is also important. In conclusion, the implementation of the Manokwari DPRD's duties in monitoring regional government performance is based on Law no. 23 of 2014 has been running well, although there are still several challenges that need to be overcome. With the right efforts, the Manokwari DPRD can play a more effective role in increasing accountability and transparency of local government and improving the quality of public services for the people of Manokwari.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- ’Amalia, N. F. (2013). Factors that Influence the Role of the DPRD in Regional Financial Supervision". Accounting Analysis Journal.
- Amiq, B. (2010). Legal aspects of Supervision of Regional Financial Management in the Perspective of Clean State Administrators". LaksBang Perssindo.
- Anam, S. (2020). Khairil Anwar “EFFECTIVENESS OF THE DPRD’S SUPERVISION FUNCTION IN PUBLIC SERVICES.” Reform Journal, 10 Number 1.
- Anwar, K. (2017). Implementation of the DPRD’s Supervision Function towards Regional Governments in the Context of Realizing Good Governance: Vol. 2 Number 2.
- Ardianto, W., Kamil, M., & Sihidi, I. T. (2022). The Role of the DPRD in Carrying Out Its Duties and Functions in the Midst of the Pandemic. Journal of Public Policy, 13, Number 1.
- Asdhar, M. (2020). Implementation of Good Governance Principles for Granting Land Rights in Enrekang Regency. Retenrum Journal, 1 Number 2.
- Azahra, A., & Lubis, F. A. (2021). The Role of the DPRD in Supervision and Obstacles to the Implementation of the Regional Revenue and Expenditure Budget (APBD) in North Sumatra Province, Medan City. Economic Journal, 5 number 3.
- Bawon, N. H. (2019). Supervisory Function of the Regional People’s Representative Council on the Implementation of the Regional Revenue and Expenditure Budget, CERMIN. RESEARCH JOURNAL, 3 Number. December 2.
- Budiyono. (2013). Implementation of the DPRD’s Supervision Function towards Regional Government in the Context of Realizing Good Governance. Journal of Legal Sciences, 7.
- Efendi, J., & Ibrahim, J. (2018). Normative and Empirical Legal Research Methods. Second Edition, Prenadamedia Group.
- Fauzi, H. A. (2014). The Supervisory Function of the DPRD in Realizing the Implementation of Good Regional Government. Scientific Journal of Community Dynamics Law, 11 Number 2.
- Indartini, M., Wibisono, N., & Widjiseno, A. (2019). The Role and Function of the DPRD in Regional Planning and Budgeting. Taujih Publishers.
- Kyriacou, A. P., Muinelo-Gallo, L., & Roca-Sagalés, O. (2017). Regional inequalities, fiscal decentralization and government quality. Regional Studies, 51(6), 945–957. https://doi.org/10.1080/00343404.2016.1150992
- Lee, S. Y., Noh, M., & Seul, J. Y. (2017). Government-led regional innovation: a case of ‘Pangyo’ IT cluster of South Korea. European Planning Studies, 25(5), 848–866. https://doi.org/10.1080/09654313.2017.1282084
- Leksin, V. N. (2013). Effectiveness and efficiency of the activities of regional and municipal governments: Purpose and possibility of a correct assessment. Regional Research of Russia, 3(3), 277–290. https://doi.org/10.1134/S2079970513030076
- Mutiah, A. G. (2020). DPRD’s Supervision Function in Managing the APBD to Realize Good Governance in Makassar City. Retenrum Journal, 1 Number 2.
- Otsuka, A., Goto, M., & Sueyoshi, T. (2014). Cost-efficiency of Japanese local governments: Effects of decentralization and regional integration. Regional Studies, Regional Science, 1(1), 207–220. https://doi.org/10.1080/21681376.2014.953196
- Parr, J. B. (2022). Perspectives on Regional Government. Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, 52(1), 35–45. https://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?eid=2-s2.0-85133724467&partnerID=40&md5=352edb6e9364aa7013189feada30c24f
- Santoso, M. A. (2014). The Role of the Regional People’s Representative Council in Carrying Out Supervisory Functions. Law Journal, 4 Vol. October 18.
- Santoso, R. (2021). Optimizing DPRD Duties and Functions in Realizing Clean Government. Journal of Constitutional Law, Volume 1, Number 1.
- Sari, E. P., & Yafiz, M. (2022). The Role of the DPRD in Supervising the Deli Serdang Regency Regional Revenue and Expenditure Budget: Vol. 2 Number 1 (pp. 1218–1224).
- Sopia, K. I. (2019). The Role of the Provincial People’s Representative Council (DPRD) in Carrying out Budget and Supervision Functions of Regional Revenue and Expenditure Budgets. Lex Administratum, 7 number 1.
- Sukarya, A. (2012). Constitutional Law and State Administrative Law in the Perspective of Siyasah Fiqh. Sinar Grafa.
- Sundari, R. (2020). Duties and Functions of the East Kalimantan Provincial DPRD in the Development of the East Kalimantan Region According to Law Number 23 of 2014 concerning Regional Government. Journal of Law, 1(1), 186–199.
- Tselios, V. (2021). Does the shock of natural hazard-associated disasters affect the authority of regional governments? Applied Geography, 134. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apgeog.2021.102520
- Tunggal, A. (2013). The Role of the DPRD in Supervising the Implementation of the Regional Revenue and Expenditure Budget in Sleman Regency. Scientific Journal of Legal Studies, 8, 1–19.
- Viren, M. (2022). The fiscal consequences of immigration: a study of local governments’ expenditures. Review of Regional Research, 42(1), 75–94. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10037-022-00168-z
- Wray, M. (2015). Drivers of change in regional tourism governance: a case analysis of the influence of the New South Wales Government, Australia, 2007–2013. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 23(7), 990–1010. https://doi.org/10.1080/09669582.2015.1042482
- Yang, G., Chen, H., & Meng, X. (2019). Regional competition, labor force mobility, and the fiscal behaviour of local governments in China. Sustainability (Switzerland), 11(6). https://doi.org/10.3390/su11061776
- Zhang, N., Wang, H., Yang, B., & Wu, M. (2023). Evolutionary Game Mechanism of Governmental Cross-Regional Cooperation in AirPollution Management. Sustainability (Switzerland), 15(2). https://doi.org/10.3390/su15021413