Main Article Content
The COVID-19 Pandemic has forced prevention efforts to be implemented by the countries worldwide. Some countries have succeeded with the efforts, whereas others are still struggling, thus it triggered an economic reset to be experienced by the affected countries. Nevertheless, with the increasing global warming and ecological damage, the economic reset caused by the COVID-19 pandemic becomes an opportunity for countries to cope with the structural challenges of the economy in order to create a sustainable development system and to prevent further destruction of nature on a global level. This article aims to explore how the economic downturn caused by the COVID-19 pandemic can function as a tool and basis from which a more sustainable economic system can be implemented.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Agovino, M., & Musella, G. (2022). Economic losses in tourism during the COVID-19 pandemic. The case of Sorrento. Current Issues in Tourism, 25(23), 3815–3839. https://doi.org/10.1080/13683500.2021.2005548
- Ahmad, T., Haroon, Baig, M., & Hui, J. (2020). Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic and Economic Impact. Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences, 36(COVID19-S4), 73–78. https://doi.org/10.12669/PJMS.36.COVID19-S4.2638
- Alessi, C. (2020, June 3). HRH the Prince of Wales and other leaders on the Forum’s Great Reset | World Economic Forum. Retrieved August 18, 2023, from https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/06/great-reset-launch-prince-charles-guterres-georgieva-burrow/
- Ammendolia, J., Saturno, J., Bond, A. L., O’Hanlon, N. J., Masden, E. A., James, N. A., & Jacobs, S. (2022). Tracking the impacts of COVID-19 pandemic-related debris on wildlife using digital platforms. Science of the Total Environment, 848. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.157614
- Appia, V. (2020, November 24). COVID-19 and the “Great Reset”: Here’s what you need to know | News | toronto.com. Retrieved August 18, 2023, from https://www.toronto.com/news/covid-19-and-the-great-reset-heres-what-you-need-to-know/article_7df1857a-5f70-573b-8427-b41276c0aa07.html?
- Baker, S. (2015). Sustainable Development (2nd ed.). London: Routledge.
- Balaam, D. N., & Dillman, B. (2014). Introduction to International Political Economy. New Jersey: Pearson Education, Inc.
- Barry, J. (2016). Green Political Economy: Beyond Orthodox Undifferentiated Economic Growth as a Permanent Feature of the Economy. 1. https://doi.org/10.1093/OXFORDHB/9780199685271.013.30
- Casady, C. B., & Baxter, D. (2020). Pandemics, public-private partnerships (PPPs), and force majeure | COVID-19 expectations and implications. Construction Management and Economics, 38(12), 1077–1085. https://doi.org/10.1080/01446193.2020.1817516
- Cohn, T. H., & Hira, A. (2012). Global Political Economy : Theory and Practice. Global Political Economy. https://doi.org/10.4324/9781003056881
- Hellström, E., & Hämäläinen, T. (2020). Will the coronavirus accelerate economic reform? - Sitra. Retrieved August 18, 2023, from https://www.sitra.fi/en/articles/will-the-coronavirus-accelerate-economic-reform/
- Hoque, A., Mohiuddin, M., & Su, Z. (2018). Effects of Industrial Operations on Socio-Environmental and Public Health Degradation: Evidence from a Least Developing Country (LDC). Sustainability 2018, Vol. 10, Page 3948, 10(11), 3948. https://doi.org/10.3390/SU10113948
- ILO. (2020a). ILO Monitor: COVID-19 and the world of work. Fifth edition. Retrieved from https://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/---dgreports/---dcomm/documents/briefingnote/wcms_749399.pdf
- ILO. (2020b). Unemployment rate. Retrieved August 18, 2023, from https://www.ilo.org/ilostat-files/Documents/description_UR_EN.pdf.
- Inman, P. (2020, June 3). Pandemic is chance to reset global economy, says Prince Charles | King Charles III | The Guardian. Retrieved August 18, 2023, from https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/03/pandemic-is-chance-to-reset-global-economy-says-prince-charles
- Nair, P., Hajela, A., & Munoth, N. (2022). THE ROLE OF BUILT HERITAGE IN SUSTAINABLE RURAL DEVELOPMENT-KEY FACTORS IN SPATIAL PLANNING OF RURAL AREAS. Journal of Community Positive Practices, 22(3), 126–136. https://doi.org/10.35782/JCPP.2022.3.09
- Odell, J. S. (2001). Case Study Methods in International Political Economy. International Studies Perspectives, 2(2), 161–176. Retrieved from https://www.jstor.org/stable/44218157
- OECD. (2012). Structural reforms in times of crisis. OECD. Retrieved from https://www.oecd.org/economy/growth/49711014.pdf
- Rhodes, T., & Lancaster, K. (2022). Making pandemics big: On the situational performance of Covid-19 mathematical models. Social Science and Medicine, 301. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2022.114907
- Ristovska, K., & Ristovska, A. (2014). The Impact of Globalization on the Business. Economic Analysis, 47, 83–89. Retrieved from https://ideas.repec.org/a/ibg/eajour/v47y2014i3-4p83-89.html
- Rogach, O. V, Frolova, E. V, & Ryabova, T. M. (2019). Formation of municipal service human resource potential as a strategic factor for russian territory sustainable development1. Humanities and Social Sciences Reviews, 7(4), 1307–1312. https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2019.74181
- Schwab, K. (2020). Now is the time for a “great reset” of capitalism. Retrieved August 18, 2023, from World Economic Forum website: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/06/now-is-the-time-for-a-great-reset/
- Schwab, K., & Malleret, T. (2020). THE GREAT RESET. Retrieved from http://reparti.free.fr/schwab2020.pdf
- Sugiyono. (2009). Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif dan R&D. Bandung: Alfabeta.
- Taylor, P., & Knipe, P. (2022). Introduction: Pandemic Perspectives – Doing Research Differently During Covid-19*. IDS Bulletin, 53(3), 1–18. https://doi.org/10.19088/1968-2022.124
- UNCTAD. (2020). SDG Investment Trends Monitor: International SDG investment flows to developing economies down by one third due to COVID-19. New York.
- UNDP. (n.d.). Sustainable Development Goals. Retrieved August 18, 2023, from UNDP website: https://www.undp.org/sustainable-development-goals
- United Nations. (2019). Voluntary National Review 2019 - Empowering People and Ensuring Inclusiveness and Equality in Indonesia. Retrieved August 18, 2023, from United Nations website: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/memberstates/indonesia#:~:text=For%20Indonesia%2C%20the%20implementation%20of,the%20required%20resources%20are%20secured
- Wherry, A. (2020, November 27). The “Great Reset” reads like a globalist plot with some plot holes. Retrieved August 18, 2023, from CBC News website: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/great-reset-trudeau-poilievre-otoole-pandemic-covid-1.5817973
- World Economic Forum. (2020). The Great Reset. Retrieved August 18, 2023, from World Economic Forum website: https://www.weforum.org/great-reset
- Žižek, S. (2020, December 31). Slavoj Žižek: We Need a Socialist Reset, Not a Corporate “Great Reset.” Retrieved August 18, 2023, from Jacobin website: https://jacobin.com/2020/12/slavoj-zizek-socialism-great-reset