Main Article Content
This paper aims to obtain empirical evidence of the impact of dividend policy decisions on sharia share prices. An exploratory investigation on 26 selected firms listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange's Jakarta Islamic Index with the criteria of reporting complete financial statements for the 2014-2018 period. The secondary data were examined with 130 data and then processed using SPSS 23 packages, which were then included in the analysis using standard regression. The investigation's findings provide empirical evidence that dividend policy decisions have a significant effect on sharia share prices. This study provides a theoretical contribution to a limited study that explores dividend policy with Islamic share prices in the context of the stock exchange. In practice, this research provides significant insight regarding the dividend policy that the company decides to increase the effectiveness of financial management in the context of a company that is considered to have sharia shares on the stock exchange, considering that the company's business success can increase the economic growth of a country.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Abedifar, P., Bouslah, K., Qamhieh Hashem, S., & Song, L. (2020). How informative are stock prices of Islamic Banks? Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 66, 101203. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intfin.2020.101203
- Adam, H., Buckman, T., & Setordzi, I. (2020). Impact of Dividend Policy on Share Price A Case of Listed Firms on the Ghana Stock Exchange. The International Journal of Business Management and Technology, 4(5), 51–61.
- Al-Sharif, B. M. (2020). Dividend-Payout Policy and Share-Price Volatility in Islamic Banks: Evidence from Jordan. Asian Economic and Financial Review, 10(3), 266–274.
- AlAli, M. S., Al-Yatama, S. K., AlShamali, N. M., & AlAwadhi, K. M. (2019). The Impact of Dividend Policy on Kuwaiti Insurance Companies Share Prices. World Journal of Finance and Investment Research, 4(1), 34–39.
- Alnori, F., & Alqahtani, F. (2019). Capital structure and speed of adjustment in non-financial firms: Does sharia compliance matter? Evidence from Saudi Arabia. Emerging Markets Review, 39(August 2018), 50–67. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ememar.2019.03.008
- Ayunku, P. E., & Apiri, T. R. (2020). Dividend Policy Impact on Market Value of Quoted Commercial Banks in Nigeria (2004-2018). Saudi Journal of Business and Management Studies, 5(3), 181–195.
- Barros, V., Verga Matos, P., & Miranda Sarmento, J. (2020). What firm’s characteristics drive the dividend policy? A mixed-method study on the Euronext stock exchange. Journal of Business Research, 115(June), 365–377. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2019.11.042
- Barros, V., Verga Matos, P., Miranda Sarmento, J., & Rino Vieira, P. (2021). Do activist shareholders influence a manager’s decisions on a firm’s dividend policy: A mixed-method study. Journal of Business Research, 122, 387–397.
- Bustani, B. (2020). The Effect of Return on Assets (ROA), Net Profit Margin (NPM), Dividend Payout Ratio (DPR), and Dividend Yield (DY) on Stock Prices in the Sub sectors insurance Company Listed in Indonesia Stock Exchange Period 2015-2018. Ilomata International Journal of Tax & Accounting, 1(3), 170–178.
- Charith, K., & Davydenko, A. (2021). Informational Value of Dividend Initiations : Impact of Cash Dividends on Share Prices of Manufacturing Companies in Sri Lanka. International Journal of Economics and Finance, 13(3), 13–30.
- Esteve, V., Navarro-Ibáñez, M., & Prats, M. A. (2019). Stock prices, dividends, and structural changes in the long-term: The case of U.S. North American Journal of Economics and Finance, 1–24.
- Imamah, N., Lin, T. J., Suhadak, Handayani, S. R., & Hung, J. H. (2019). Islamic law, corporate governance, growth opportunities and dividend policy in Indonesia stock market. Pacific Basin Finance Journal, 55, 110–126.
- Irton, I. (2020). The influence of dividend policy on sharia stock price volatility : A study on Indonesian stock exchange. International Journal of Research in Business and Social Science, 9(7), 84–92.
- Jaballah, J., Peillex, J., & Weill, L. (2018). Is Being Sharia compliant worth it? Economic Modelling, 72(April 2017), 353–362. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.econmod.2018.02.011
- Jovković, B., Vasić, A. S., & Bogićević, J. (2021). Determinants of Dividend Policy : A Case of Serbia ’ s Banking Sector. Naše Gospodarstvo/Our Economy, 67(1), 13–22.
- Khan, S., Malik, M. F., & Khan, S. (2018). Impact of Dividend Policy on Share Price Evidence from Textile Sector PSX-100 Index. Global Social Sciences Review, III(IV), 616–630.
- Kim, J. M., Yang, I., Yang, T., & Koveos, P. (2020). The impact of R&D intensity, financial constraints, and dividend payout policy on firm value. Finance Research Letters, 1–16.
- Lasisi, I. O., Apochi, J. G., Baffa, A. M., & Badawiyu, K. (2020). Dividend Policy and Share Price Volatility: Evidence from Listed Deposit Money Banks in Nigeria. Gusau Journal of Accounting and Finance, 1(2), 1–15.
- Lusiana, H. (2020). The Effect of Return on Equity (ROE) and Earning per Share (EPS) on Stock Prices In Indonesia Stock Exchange 2015-2018. Ilomata International Journal of Tax and Accounting, 1(3), 132–138.
- Nambukara-Gamage, B., & Peries, S. T. (2020). The Impact of Dividend Policy on Shareholder Wealth: A Study on the Retailing Industry of Australia. Review of Integrative Business and Economics Research, 9(1), 38–50.
- Rono, C. C., & Omoro, N. O. (2020). Dividend Policy and Share Price Volatility Among Insurance Companies Listed at Nairobi Securities Exchange. Business, Management and Economics Research, 6(1), 1–12.
- Shehata, N. (2021). Board National Diversity and Dividend Policy: Evidence from Egyptian listed companies. Finance Research Letters, May, 102132. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.frl.2021.102132
- Silalahi, A. S., Fachrudin, K. A., & Sianipar, A. S. (2021). Analysis of the Bank Specific Factors , Macroeconomics and Oil Price on Dividend Policy. Analysis International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, 11(2), 165–171.
- Song, X., Yao, M., Su, W., & Lin, D. (2021). The impact of ultimate controller’s ownership on cash dividend policy based on a comparative analysis between owner-management and professional-management modes. North American Journal of Economics and Finance, 57(June 2020), 101439. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.najef.2021.101439
- Syofyan, R., Putra, D. G., & Aprayuda, R. (2020). Influence of Company Value Information , Dividend Policy , and Capital Structure on Stock Price. SAR (Soedirman Accounting Review): Journal of Accounting and Business, 6(2), 152–169.
- Tiwari, S., & Pal, D. (2020). Dividend Policy Decisions and Share Prices Relationship. Finance & Accounting Research Journal, 2(2), 76–81.
- Usman, B., Lestari, H. S., & Sofyan, S. (2021). The Effect of Dividend Policy on Share Price Manufacturing Companies in Indonesia. Advances in Economics, Business and Management Research, 169, 117–122.
- V, L. K. (2021). A Study on Dividend Policy and Its Impact on Stock Prices of Selected Companies with Reference to BSE Sensex 100. Palarch’s Journal of Archaeology of Egypt/Egyptology, 18(363), 363–372.
- Yan, Q., & Zhu, H. (2020). Peer influence on dividend policy: Evidence from the Chinese stock market. Economics Letters, 192, 1–3.