Main Article Content
This study's objective was to analyze the impact of capital intensity, inventory intensity, and profitability on tax aggressiveness, with debt level serving as a moderator. This study includes three independent factors, namely Capital Intensity, Inventory Intensity, and Profitability; one dependent variable, namely Tax Aggressiveness; and one moderating variable, namely Debt Level or Leverage. In this study, 17 firms out of a total observation of 45 companies with research objects on the LQ45 company index listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX) from 2017 to 2021 met the inclusion requirements. According to the findings of this study, capital intensity has a beneficial effect on tax aggression. The variable inventory intensity has no positive impact on tax aggression. The unpredictable profitability has a favorable impact on tax aggressiveness. The association between capital intensity and tax aggression cannot be moderated by the variable of leverage. The association between inventory intensity and tax aggression cannot be moderated by the variable of leverage. The variable of leverage moderates in a positive way the association between profitability and tax aggression. This research can also be used to encourage investors and shareholders to receive financial statement information offered by companies with greater care when making investment decisions. For companies to be able to determine positive policies that can maintain business continuity and can meet the expectations of shareholders will carry out tax aggressiveness.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Afiana, N., & Mukti, I. (2020). The Effect of Capital Intensity and Leverage against Tax Aggressiveness (The Empirical Studies at Mining Companies which have been registered on Indonesia Stock Exchange during the Period of 2014-2018). International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology, 5(3), 1024–1032.
- Ahdiyah, A., & Triyanto, D. N. (2021). Impact of Financial Distress, Firm Size, Fixed Asset Intensity, and Inventory Intensity on Tax Aggressiveness. Journal of Accounting Auditing and Business, 4(2), 1–11.
- Aksoy Hazır, Ç. (2019). Determinants of Effective Tax Rates in Turkey. Journal of Research in Business, 1(4), 35–45. https://doi.org/10.23892/jrb.2019453293
- Alexander, A., & Minnema, J. (2018). The relationship between leverage and profitability: A quantitative study of consulting firms in Sweden. Sweden: Umea School of Business, Economics and Statistics, 1–83.
- Amalia. (2021). EFFECT OF LIQUIDITY, LEVERAGE AND ASSET INTENSITY AGAINST TAX AGGRESSIVITY. International Journal of Accounting & Finance in Asia Pasific, 12(232–240).
- Balakrishnan, K., Blouin, J. L., & Guay, W. R. (2019). Tax aggressiveness and corporate transparency. Accounting Review, 94(1), 45–69. https://doi.org/10.2308/accr-52130
- Christina, M. W., & Wahyudi, I. (2022). Pengaruh intensitas modal, intensitas persediaan, pertumbuhan penjualan dan profitabilitas terhadap agresivitas pajak. Fair Value: Jurnal Ilmiah Akuntansi Dan Keuangan, 4(11), 5076–5083. https://doi.org/10.32670/fairvalue.v4i11.1858
- Dianawati, & Agustina, L. (2020). The Effect of Profitability, Liquidity, and Leverage on Tax Aggressiveness With Corporate Governance As a Moderating Variable. Accounting Analysis Journal, 9(3), 166–172. https://doi.org/10.15294/aaj.v9i3.41626
- Gita, I. A. M. A., Partika, I. D. M., & Suciwati, D. P. (2021). Effect Firm Size, Profitability and Inventory Intensity Against Effective Tax Rate (ETR). Journal of Applied Sciences in Accounting, Finance, and Tax, 4(1), 9–15. https://doi.org/10.31940/jasafint.v4i1.2410
- Gunawan Hidayat, I., & Dewi, F. O. S. (2022). Effect of Liquidity, Leverage, and Working Capital Turn on Profitability. APTISI Transactions on Management (ATM), 7(1), 60–68. https://doi.org/10.33050/atm.v7i1.1832
- Isa, M., Lubis, H. A., & Chaniago, M. (2019). Pengaruh Kualitas Pelayanan Terhadap Kepuasan Penumpang Menggunakan Jasa Angkutan Penyeberangan PT. ASDP Indonesia Ferry (Persero) Cabang Sibolga. Jesya (Jurnal Ekonomi & Ekonomi Syariah), 2(2), 164–181. https://doi.org/10.36778/jesya.v2i2.90
- Iswari, P., Sudaryono, E. A., & Widarjo, W. (2019). Political connection and tax aggressiveness: A study on the state-owned enterprises registered in Indonesia stock exchange. Journal of International Studies, 12(1), 79–92. https://doi.org/10.14254/2071-8330.2019/12-1/5
- Jumono, S., Sugiyanto, & Mala, C. M. F. (2019). Determinants of profitability in banking industry: A case study of Indonesia. International Journal of English Language and Literature Studies, 9(1), 91–108. https://doi.org/10.18488/journal.aefr.2019.91.91.108
- Kasmir. (2017). Analisis Laporan Keuangan (Edisi Pert).
- Marlina, E., Hasanudin, I. A., & Mulyasari, W. (2022). Tax Aggressiveness: The Role of Capital Intensity and Inventory Intensity with Leverage as Intervening. Journal of Applied Business, Taxation and Economics Research, 1(6), 614–632. https://doi.org/10.54408/jabter.v1i6.97
- Mauren, J., & Purwaningsih, E. (2022). PENGARUH PROFITABILITAS, UKURAN PERUSAHAAN, DAN KOMPETENSI KOMITE AUDIT TERHADAP PENGHINDARAN PAJAK. Jurnal Ilmiah Indonesia, 7(2541–0849), 2–16.
- Meylina, & Manalu, M. (2022). THE EFFECT OF DEFERRED TAX EXPENSE , CAPITAL INTENSITY AND FIRM SIZE ON TAX AGGRESSIVENESS ( Case Study on BUMN20 IDX Company for the 2019-2021 Period ). 11(2), 105–116.
- Nilmawati, N., Untor, W., Hadinugroho, B., & Atmaji, A. (2021). The Relationship Between CEO Characteristics and Leverage: The Role of Independent Commissioners. Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business, 8(4), 787–796. https://doi.org/10.13106/jafeb.2021.vol8.no4.0787
- Nugrahadi, E. W., & Rinaldi, M. (2021). The Effect of Capital Intensity and Inventory Intensity on Tax Avoidance at Food and Beverage Subsector Companies Listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX). Proceedings of the International Conference on Strategic Issues of Economics, Business and, Education (ICoSIEBE 2020), 163(ICoSIEBE 2020), 221–225. https://doi.org/10.2991/aebmr.k.210220.039
- Oktaviani, R. M., Pratiwi, Y. E., Sunarto, S., & Jannah, A. (2021). The Effect of Leverage, Earning Management, Capital Intensity, and Inventory Intensity on Tax Aggressiveness of Manufacturing Companies in Indonesia. Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business, 8(7), 501–508. https://doi.org/10.13106/jafeb.2021.vol8.no7.0501
- Pasaribu, D. M., & Mulyani, S. D. (2019). The Effect of Leverage and Liquidity on Tax Avoidance with Inventory Intensity as a Moderating Variable. Jurnal Akuntansi Maranatha, 11(2), 211–217. https://doi.org/10.28932/jam.v11i2.1996
- Putri Malinda, K., Sintha, L., Munandar, A., & Bertuah, E. (2022). The Influence of Political Connections, and Good Corporate Governanceon Tax Aggressiveness. American International Journal of Business Management (AIJBM), 5(04), 106–110.
- Ratnawati, J., & Utomo, D. C. (2022). Leverage as A Mediating Variable on Tax Avoidance. Akuntansi Keuangan Dan Bisnis, 15(1), 430–439.
- Santini, A. L., & Indrayani, E. (2020). The Effect of Profitability, Liquidity, Leverage, Capital Intensity and Firm Size on Tax Aggressiveness With Market Performance As an Intervening Variable (Banking Companies Listed on Indonesia Stock Exchange in 2014 - 2018). Jurnal Ilmiah Ekonomi Bisnis, 25(3), 290–303. https://doi.org/10.35760/eb.2020.v25i3.2853
- Sari, D., Wardani, R. K., & Lestari, D. F. (2021). The Effect of Leverage, Profitability and Company Size on Tax Avoidance. Turkish Journal of Computer and Mathematics Education, 12(4), 860–868.
- Sormin, F. (2021). The Influence of Inventory Intensity, Profitability and Leverage on Tax Aggressiveness. International Journal of Management Studies and Social Science Research, 3(1), 144–148.
- Sugeng, S., Prasetyo, E., & Zaman, B. (2020). Does capital intensity, inventory intensity, firm size, firm risk, and political connections affect tax aggressiveness? JEMA: Jurnal Ilmiah Bidang Akuntansi Dan Manajemen, 17(1), 78. https://doi.org/10.31106/jema.v17i1.3609
- Suhendar, D., Nurfatimah, S., Rahmawati, T., Syarifudin, S., & Rully, R. (2022). The Effect of Profitability, Leverage, and Inventory Intensity on Tax Aggressiveness with Majority Ownership as Moderating Variables. https://doi.org/10.4108/eai.2-12-2021.2320326
- Sumiati, A., & Ainniyya, S. M. (2021). Effect of Profitability, Leverage, Size, Capital Intensity, and Inventory Intensity Toward Tax Aggressiveness. Journal of International Conference Proceedings (JICP), 4(3), 245–255.
- Sunarto, S., Widjaja, B., & Oktaviani, R. M. (2021). The Effect of Corporate Governance on Tax Avoidance: The Role of Profitability as a Mediating Variable. Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business, 8(3), 217–227. https://doi.org/10.13106/jafeb.2021.vol8.no3.0217
- Suyono, E. (2018). External Auditors’ Quality, Leverage, and Tax Aggressiveness: Empirical Evidence From The Indonesian Stock Exchange. Media Ekonomi Dan Manajemen, 33(2), 99–112. https://doi.org/10.24856/mem.v33i2.711
- Tahir, H., Masri, R., & Rahman, M. (2020). Corporate board attributes and dividend pay-out policy: Mediating role of financial leverage. Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business, 7(1), 167–181. https://doi.org/10.13106/jafeb.2020.vol7.no1.167
- Vijayakumaran, S., & Vijayakumaran, R. (2019). Debt maturity and the effects of growth opportunities and liquidity risk on leverage: Evidence from Chinese listed companies. Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business, 6(3), 27–40. https://doi.org/10.13106/jafeb.2019.vol6.no3.27