Main Article Content
The research aimed at determining the effect of training, work motivation, financial compensation on the performance of employees in Makasar Subdistrict, East Jakarta Timur, mediated by organizational commitment. The path analysis with descriptively and explanatorily-quantitative method was used for planning this research. The samples were 81 respondents by using the sampling method. According to the significance levels, the results of the research indicated that: (1) Work motivation, financial compensation, and training had a significant effect on organizational commitment; (2) Work motivation, financial compensation, training had a significant effect on employee performance, either directly or mediated by organizational commitment; and (3) Organizational commitment had a significant effect on employee performance.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The author sends the manuscript with the understanding that if accepted for publication, the copyright of the article belongs to the author and retains publishing rights without restriction.
Copyright includes the non-exclusive right to reproduce and submit articles in all forms and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilm, and other similar reproductions, as well as translations. Reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in the database and its transmission by all forms of media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopying, recording, magnetic media, etc.
The journal editorial board makes every effort to ensure that no false or misleading data, opinions, or statements are published in the journal. Either way, the contents of articles and advertisements published in journals are the sole and exclusive responsibility of each writer and advertiser.
All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options, currently being defined for this journal as follows: Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- Aguinis, Herman., & Kreiger, Kurt. (2009). Benefits of Training and Development for Individuals and Teams, Organizations and Society. Annual Reviews Furter 2009, 60: 451-74.
- Amstrong, Mickael., & Baron, Angela. (1998). Performance Management. London, Institute of Personal and Development.
- Ali, Amjad, Bin, Li Zhong, Piang, Huan Jian, & Ali, Zulfiqar. (2016). The Impact of Motivation on The Employee Performance and Satisfaction in IT Park (Software House) Sector of Pashawar, Pakistan. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Science. Vol. 6 No. 9.
- Brown, John S., & Duguid, P. (1991). Organizational Learning and Communities of Practice Towards a United View of Working. Learning and Innovation, Organization Science. Vol. 2. 1.
- Buckley, Roger., & Caple, Jim. (2009). Theory and Practice of Training. London, Kogan Page. Ica
- Bernarddin, H.J., & Russel, J.E.A. (2003). Human Resources Management: An Experiental Approach. Singapore: McRaw-Hill, Inc.
- Campbell, J. P. (1990). Modeling The Performance Prediction Problem in Industrial and Organizational Psychology”. In M. D. Dunnette & L. M. Hough (Eds.) Handbook of Industrial and Organizational Psychology. Pp. 687-732. Palo Alto, CA: Consulting Psychologists Press, Inc.
- Corvellec, H. (1997). Stories of Achievement-Narrative Features of Organizational Performance. New Brunswick: NJ Transaction Publishers
- Corvellec, H. (2001). For a Narrative Criticism of Organization Performance. Conference Paper for New Directions in Organizational Performance. Newcastle, UK. March 28-29
- Cushway, Barry. (2002). Human Resources Management. Singapore: Cogan Page
- Dessler, Gary. (2013). Human Resources Management. Thirteenth Edition. USA: Pearson Global Edition.
- Devis, Keith., & Newstrom, John W. (2006). Organizational Behavior: Reading and Exercises. Michigan: McGraw-Hill. McGraw-Hill.
- Fletcher, C., & Williams, R. (1996). Performance Management, Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment. British Journal of Management, Vol. 10. P. 169-179.
- Gibson, James., Irvansevich, John., Donnelly, Jame., & Konopaske, Robert. (2008). Organizations: Behavior, Structure, Process. McGraw-Hill/Irwin
- Gregory, Dess. (2010). How to Motivate Employees. 4th Edition. New York: McGraw-Hill/Irwin
- Herriot, P., Manning., & Kidd, J. (1997).The Content of Psychological Contract. British Journal of Management. Vol. 8. P. 151-162.
- Henerman, H. G., & D. P. Schwab. (1985). Pay Satisfaction: Its Multidimensional Nature and Measure. International Journal of Psychology. Vol. 20: 129-141
- Hameed, Abdull., et al. (2015). The Impact of Commitment on Employee Performance: Empirical of Evidence from Banking in Pakistan. International Journal of Business and Social Science. Vol. 5. No. 2, February
- Idris, M. (2013). The Effect of Organizational Commitment, Work Motivation and Financial Compensation on Job Satisfaction and Their Impact on Performance: A Study on Songket Craftsmen in South Sulawesi Province. Jakarta
- Kickpatricks, Donald, L. (2006). Evaluating Training Programs: The Four Levels. San Fransisco, Accessible, Publishing System, Ltd.
- Kreitner, Robert, & Angelo Kinicki. (2000). Perilaku Organisasi. Indonesian Edition. Jakarta: Salemba Empat Publisher.
- Kumar, N., & R. C. Rosse. (2010). Examining The Link Between Islamic Work Ethic and Innovation Capability. Journal of Management Development 29 (1) p. 79-93.
- Khan, M. Riaz., Ziauddin., Jam, Farooq Ahmed., & Ramay, M.I. (2010). The Impacts of Organizational Commitment on Employee Job Performance. European Journal of Social Sciences. Vol. 15
- Kurniawati, Endah. (2000). The Effect of Compensation on the Commitment and Performance of Employees of PT. Gudang Garam. Kediri PPSUB
- Luthans, Esared. (2008). Corporate Culture: Challenge to Excellence. Indonesian Edition. Jakarta. PT. Elexmedia Komputindo.
- McClelland, David C. (1978). Managing Motivation to Expand Human Freedom. American Psychologist. 33(3) 201-210.
- McClelland, David. (1987). Human Motivation. New York: Bombridge University Press.
- Maslow, A.H. (1943). Theory of Human Motivation. Psychologicar Review, Vol. 50, p 370-396
- Mubarok, Endang Saefuddin., & Juwiko Darmawan. (2019). The Influence of Training, Motivation, and Work Ethics on the Internal Communication and Their Impact on The Employee Performance. European Journal of Business and Management Vol. 11 No. 24
- Mubarok, Endang Saefuddin & Hidayatullah Putra. (2018). The Influence of Training, Competence, and Motivation on Employees Performance of Workers Social Security Agency in Banten Province, Indonesia. Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development Vol. 9. No. 4
- Mathis, Robert L. & John H. Jackson. (2002). Human Resource Manajemen. Indonesian Edition. Jakarta: Salemba Empat Publisher.
- Mowday, T. Richard., Steers, Richard M., & Porter, Lyman. (1979). The Measurement of Organizational Commitment. Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol. 14. Issue. 2.
- Meyer, J. & N. Allen. (1997). Commitment in The Workplace: Toward A General Model. Human Resource Management Review. Vol. 11. P. 299-326.
- Mondy, R. Wayne., & Noe, Robert M. (2006). Human Resources Management. Prentice Hall
- Mubarok, E. Saefuddin. (2017). Human Resources Management: Introduction to the Advantage of Competition Jakarta, In Media
- Mukhiri, Michael., & Darokah, Marhcham. (2001). Business Process Reengineering. Gajah Mada International Journal of Business, Vol. 2. No. 1
- Noe, Raymond A., et al. (2014). Human Resource Management: Achieving the Excellent Advantage of Competition. Indonesian Edition. Salemba Empat Publisher, Jakarta
- Neale, M. A. & G. B. Noetheraft. (1991). Behavioral Negotiation Theory. Research in Organizational Behavior. No. 13. p. 147-190.
- Purwanto, Budi. (2016). The Factors Influencing Job Satisfaction with Work Motivation as the Moderator: A Survey towards the Employees in Ternate City, North Maluku Province. Jakarta
- Pfeffer, J. (1998). The Human Equation-Building Profits by Putting People First. Harvard Business School Press.
- Paiman. (2016). The Effect of Organizational Commitment, Work Motivation and Financial Compensation on Job Satisfaction and Their Impact on Employee Performance: A Survey on Kindergarten Teachers in Bandung Municipality. Jakarta
- Pare, Guy., Tremlay, Michael., & Lalonde, Patrice. (2000). The Impact of Human Resorces Practices on IT Personal Commitment, Citizenship Behaviors, and Turnover Intensions. Assosiation for Information Syatem, Atlanta
- Prokesch, S. (1997). Unleasing the Power of Learning: An Interview with British Petrolium’s Joh Browne. Harvard Business Review, Vol. 75. No. 5.
- Qaisar, M. Usman., Rehman, M. Safdar., & Suffyan, M. (1997). Exploring Effect of Organizational Commitment an Employee Performance: Implication for Human Resources Strategy. Interdiciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business. Vol. 1. No. 11
- Rees, David., & McBain, Richard. (2007). People Management: Challenges and Opportunities. Jakarta, Kencana Prenada Media Group
- Robbins, Stephen P. (2003). Organizational Behavior. Indonesian Edition. Jakarta: PT. Index Jakarta Publisher.
- Robbinson, P. Stephen & Timothy A. Judge. (2011). Organizational Behavior. New Jersey: Prentise Hill.
- Rivai, Veithzal., & Sagala, Silvia. (2012). Human Resource Management for Companies. PT. RajaGrafindo Persada Publisher, Jakarta.
- William, Rothwell J., & Kazanas. H. C. (2003). The Strategy Development of Talent: A Framewoek of Using Talent to Support Your Organization Strategy. Amberts, HRP PressInc.
- Riggio, E. Ronald., Murphy, Susan E., & Pirozzolo, Francis J. (2008). Multiple Intelligences and Leadership. Columbia: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates
- Robbinson, P. Stephen & Timothy A. Judge. (2011). Organizational Behavior. New Jersey: Prentise Hill.
- Robbins, Stephen P. (2003). Organizational Behavior. Indonesian Edition. Jakarta: PT. Index Jakarta.
- Rhoades, Linda., Eisenberge, Robert., & Armeli, Stephen. (2011). Afective Commitment to The Organization. Journal of Applied Psycholgy, Vol. 8. No. 5.
- Subari. (2014). The Effect of Training, Competence and Motivation on Employee Performance, Moderated By Internal Communication Komunikasi. Jakarta.
- Subari, S., & Riady, H. (2014). The Influence of Training, Competence, and Motivation toward Employee Performance as Moderated by Internal Communication. American Journal of Business and Management. 4(3): 133-145.
- Snaks, Alan M., & Coucoun, Robert. (2010). Management Performance Through Training and Development. Amazon, CA
- Syahputra, Hendra. (2020). The Effect of Training, Work Ethics and Motivation on Personnel Performance with Moderated by Competence at the Centre Intelegence Army. Jakarta.
- Salah, Mohammed Raja Abduraheem., (2016). The Impact of Training and Development on Employees Performance and Productivity. International Journal Management Sciences and Business Reseach, July. Vol. 5. Issue 7
- Siriwardena, Prasadi. (2019). Impact on Training and Development on Employee Performance: A Study Managerial Lvel Employees in the Apparel Industry. Colombo: Journal of Advanced Research. Vol. 1. No. 2.
- Subono, Agung., & Ismuntoyo, Agus., (2011). The Effect of Leadership, Motivation, and Organizational Commitment on the Performance of Civil Servants in the Environment of Rembang Police. Vol. 4 No. 2, Juli.
- Sutawa, Gusti Kade. (2015). Human Resources Empowerment, Working Motivation, and Organization Change in Improving the Performance of Hotel Business in Bali. Denpasar: Udayana University.
- Sari, Rai Mutiara., & Rianan, I Gede. (2018). The Effect of Compensation and Work Motivation on Organizational Commitment in PT. Jenggala Keramik Bali. E. Management Journal of Udayana University. Vol. 7. No. 3.
- Sudarma, Ketut. (2012). Achieving Superior Human Resources; An Analysis of Service Performance and Quality. Journal of Management Dynamics of Univ. Negeri Semarang. Vol. 3. No. 1.
- Setiawan, Rudi., & Lestari, Etty Puji. (2016). The Effect of Organizational Culture, Communication, Work Environment and Motivation on Organizational Commitment in Improving Employee Performance. Journal of Organization and Management. Vol. 12. No. 2 September.
- Ulrich, D. (1997). Human Resources Champions: The Next Agenda for Adding Value and Delivering Results. Boston, Harvard.
- Wibowo. (2007). Performance Management. Jakarta: PT. RajaGrafindo Persada.
- Wibowo. (2008). Change Management. Jakarta: PT. RajaGrafindo Persada Publisher.