Main Article Content
School Operational Assistance (SOA) Fund is one of the educational funds in Indonesia. Based on the APBN Financial Note, the management of the SOA fund is still not optimal, and there are still many misuses of the SOA fund by various parties. Therefore, it is necessary to apply the good governance principles in the management of the SOA fund. This study aims to analyze the effectiveness of the management of the SOA fund, which is influenced by good governance, namely transparency, accountability, participation, and responsibility. The object of this study is the management of the SOA fund at the level of state basic education in Demak Regency, which consists of State Elementary Schools and State Junior High Schools. The data source of this research is primary data using a questionnaire. There are 494 respondents in this research. The respondents are headmasters, school treasurers, teachers, and other parties in school. The study results show that the SOA fund at the level of state basic education in Demak Regency has been managed effectively. The study results also show that all independent variables simultaneously have a positive effect on the effectiveness of the management of the SOA fund. Partially, transparency does not affect the effectiveness of SOA fund management, while accountability, participation, and responsibility have a positive effect on the effectiveness of the management of SOA fund.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Anggraini, Ristya Dwi. 2013. Transparency, participation, and accountability in the management of the SOA fund in the RKAS program at Public Elementary School Pacarkeling VIII Surabaya. Jurnal Kebijakan dan Manajemen Publik Unair Volume 1 Number 2: 201-208.
- Aziz, Nyimas Latifah Letty. 2016. Village Autonomy and the Effectiveness of Village Funds. Jurnal Penelitian Politik LIPI Volume 13 Number 2: 193-211.
- Audit Board of the Republic of Indonesia. 2011. Performance Check Implementation Guidelines. Jakarta: Audit Board of the Republic of Indonesia.
- Bappenas. 2007. Implementation of Good Governance. Jakarta: Secretariat of the National Policy Development Team for Good Governance at Bappenas.
- Bhawa, G. A. S., Haris, I. A., & Artana, M. 2014. Effectiveness of School Operational Assistance Fund Management in Elementary Schools in Sukasada District. Jurnal Pendidikan Ekonomi Undiksha Volume 4 Number 1.
- Coryanata, I. 2016. Accountability, public participation and transparency of public policies as moderators of the relationship between the council's knowledge of budgets and regional financial oversight. Jurnal Akuntansi dan Investasi Volume 12 Number 2: 110-125.
- Deighton‐Smith, R. 2004. Regulatory transparency in OECD countries: overview, trends and challenges. Australian Journal of Public Administration, 63(1): 66-73.
- Fauzan. 2014. The Effect of Good Corporate Governance on Ethical Behavior in the Management of School Operational Assistance Fund. Jurnal Modernisasi Volume 10 Number 3: 158-169.
- Fitri, Afrilliana. 2014. The Management of School Operational Assistance (SOA) Fund Public Elementary School, Mandiangin Koto Selayan District, Bukittinggi City. Jurnal Bahana Manajemen Pendidikan, Volume 2 Number 1, June 2014: 33-39.
- Kaihatu, T.S. 2006. Good corporate governance and the implementation in Indonesia. Jurnal Manajemen dan kewirausahaan Volume 8 Number 1: 1-9.
- Keban, T. Yeremias. 2008. Six Strategic Dimensions of Public Administration, Concepts, Theories and Issues. Yogyakarta: Gava Media.
- National Committee on Governance Policy (NCGP). 2008. General Guidelines for Good Public Governance in Indonesia. Jakarta: Komite Nasional Kebijakan Governance.
- Krina P, Loina Lalolo. 2003. Indicators & Measuring Instruments Principles of Accountability, Transparency & Participation. Jakarta: Secretariat of Good Public Governance of the National Development Planning Agency.
- Mardiasmo. 2006. The Realization of Transparency and Public Accountability Through Public Sector Accounting. Jurnal Akuntansi Pemerintah Volume 2 Number 1, Mei 2006: 1 – 17
- Marliani, Lina. 2019. Definition of Administration in Different Perspectives. Dinamika: Jurnal Ilmiah Ilmu Administrasi Negara, Volume 5 Number 4: 17-21.
- Matei, A. and Drumasu, C. 2015. Corporate Governance and public sector entities. Procedia Economics and Finance, 26: 495-504.
- Monks, R.A. dan Minow, N. 2003. Corporate Governance. 3rd. UK: Blackwell Publishing.
- Nurhidayah, May dan Sarsiti. 2017. Analysis of the Implementation of Good Corporate Governance on SOA Fund Management at SMP Negeri Sragen Bilingual Boarding School (SBBS). Jurnal Smooting Volume 15 Number 1: 34-39.
- Nurjana, Widya Ika. 2017. The Effect of Good School Governance Implementation on the Effectiveness of School Operational Assistance Fund Management (Survey on State Elementary Schools in Lowokwaru District). Malang: University of Muhammadiyah Malang.
- Raeni, R. 2014. The Effect of the Principles of Fairness, Efficiency, Transparency, and Accountability of Financial Management on Vocational High School Productivity. Economic Education Analysis Journal Volume 3 Number 1: 143-151.
- Raharjo, T., Sulaeman, A. S., dan Sriyani. 2018. Effectiveness of the Use of Village Funds. Bisman (Business & Management): The Journal of Business and Management, Volume 1 Number 2: 17-34.
- Siagian, Sondang P. 2002. Organizational Leadership & Administrative Behavior. Jakarta: Penerbit Gunung Agung.
- Solomon, J. 2007. Corporate Governance and Accountability. England: John Willey & Son, Ltd.
- Sugiyono. 2018. Quantitative, Qualitative, and Research Methods, and RND. Bandung: Alfabeta.
- Tedjawati, J.M. 2011. Study on the Implementation of the Special Allocation Fund for Education. Journal of Education and Culture, Volume 17 Number 5: 608-618.
- USAID. 2014. Public Service Oriented School-Based Management. Jakarta: USAID.
- Wahyudi, Dudi. 2014. Impact of Good Corporate Governance Implementation on Corporate Tax Compliance. Budget and Treasury of BPPK Article. Accessed at https://bppk.kemenkeu.go.id/id/publikasi/artikel/167-artikel-pajak/19453-dampak-penerapan-good-corporate-governance-terhadap-kepatuhan-pajak-perusahaan
- World Bank. 2012. SOA Fund Change Children’s Life. World Bank Study Articles. Accessed at http://www.worldbank.org/in/news/press-release/2012/07/13/SOA-transforms-lves-of-children.
- World Bank. 2015. Reviewing Ten Years of School Operational Assistance. World Bank Study Articles. Accessed at http://www.worldbank.org/in/news/feature/2015/06/15/reviewing-ten-years-of-indonesia-school-grants-program.
- Laws and regulations
- Law Number 17 of 2003 concerning State Finance.
- Government Regulation Number 48 of 2008 concerning Education Funding.
- Regulation of the Minister of State for State-Owned Enterprises Number PER-01/MBU/2011 concerning the Implementation of Good Corporate Governance in State-Owned Enterprises.
- Minister of Finance Regulation Number 50/PMK.07/2017 concerning Management of Transfers to Regions and Village Funds.
- Minister of Education and Culture Regulation Number 1 of 2018 concerning Technical Guidelines for Operational Assistance.
- Circular Letter of the Minister of Home Affairs Number 971-7791 of 2018 concerning Technical Guidelines for Budgeting, Implementation, and Administration and Accountability of School Operational Assistance Funds for State Elementary Education Units Organized by Districts/Cities in Regional Revenue and Expenditure Budgets.