Main Article Content
This research aims to examine the financial performance viewed from corporate social responsibility in manufacturing companies enlisted in Indonesian Stock Exchange in 2017. The population of research consisted of manufacturing companies enlisted in Indonesian Stock Exchange. The sample employed was manufacturing companies enlisted in Indonesian Stock Exchange in 2017. The sampling technique used was purposive sampling one. Data analysis was conducted using a multiple linear regression. The result of research showed that media exposure and firm size affect positively and significantly the disclosure of corporate social responsibility. Meanwhile, leverage and profitability affect positively but insignificantly the disclosure of corporate social responsibility in manufacturing companies. The result of adjusted R2 test in this research showed value of 0.297. It means that the disclosure of corporate social responsibility is affected by media exposure variable, firm size, leverage and profitability by 29.7%, while the rest of 79.3% was affected by other factors excluded from this study.
Keywords: financial performance, corporate social responsibility
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The author sends the manuscript with the understanding that if accepted for publication, the copyright of the article belongs to the author and retains publishing rights without restriction.
Copyright includes the non-exclusive right to reproduce and submit articles in all forms and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilm, and other similar reproductions, as well as translations. Reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in the database and its transmission by all forms of media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopying, recording, magnetic media, etc.
The journal editorial board makes every effort to ensure that no false or misleading data, opinions, or statements are published in the journal. Either way, the contents of articles and advertisements published in journals are the sole and exclusive responsibility of each writer and advertiser.
All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options, currently being defined for this journal as follows: Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- Asrori, A, Amal, M.I, Harjanto, A.P. 2019.Company Characteristics on the Reporting Index of Corporate Social and Environmental Disclosure in Indonesian Public Companies. International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy. 9 (5): 481-488.
- Bursa Efek Indonesia www.idx.co.id
- Ghozali, Imam. 2011. Analisa Multivariate.Badan Penerbit Universitas. Diponegoro, Semarang.
- Plorensia, Wdan Hardiningsih, P. 2015. Pengaruh Agresivitas Pajak dan Media Eksposur terhadap Corporate Social Responsibility. Jurnal Dinamika Akuntansi, Vol 4.
- Rofiqkoh, E dan Priyadi, M.P. 2016. Pengaruh Profitabilitas, Leverage dan Ukuran Perusahaan Terhadap Pengungkapan Tanggung Jawab Sosial Perusahaan.Jurnal Ilmu dan Riset Akuntansi, 5(10).
- Saputra, E.S. 2016.Pengaruh Leverage, Profitabilitas Dan Size Terhadap Pengungkapan Corporate Social Responsibility Pada Perusahaan Di Bursa Efek Indonesia. Economica: Journal of Economic and Economic Education,5(1): 75-89.
- Sparta, S dan Rheadanti, D. K. 2019. Pengaruh Media Exposure Terhadap Pengungkapan Corporate Social Responsibility Perusahaan Manufaktur Terdaftar di BEI. Equity, 22 (1): 12-25.