Main Article Content
Introduction/Main Objectives: The COVID-19 pandemic has sparked creativity among tourism actors. Tourism villages as one of the tourist attractions, conduct virtual tours to introduce their attractions and facilities. The purpose of this study is to describe the role of virtual tours as a promotional medium in increasing interest in visiting village tourism. Background Problems: with the policy of limiting tourist travel, the tourism industry has experienced a decrease in the number of tourist visits. Digitalization is a way to maintain relationships with consumers and carry out promotions through virtual tours. The formulation of the research problem is what is the role of virtual tours as promotional media in increasing interest in visiting village tourism? Novelty: The novelty of this research lies in the use of virtual tours as a promotional medium to increase millennial tourist interest by involving relevant stakeholders. Research Methods: research was conducted with a qualitative approach. Primary data was obtained through focus group discussions and interviews during the virtual tour. Secondary data was obtained through relevant literature. Finding/Results: a virtual tour of the three tourist villages that became the case studies in this study, namely Nepal Van Java in Central Java and Sade Village in West Nusa Tenggara, succeeded in providing information that attracted millennial tourists to visit. Conclusion: the virtual tour is an effective promotional medium in increasing interest in visiting tourist villages.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Cavagnaro, E., Staffieri, S., & Postma, A. (2018). Understanding millennials’ tourism experience: values and meaning to travel as a key for identifying target clusters for youth (sustainable) tourism. Journal of Tourism Futures, 4(1), 31–42. https://doi.org/10.1108/JTF-12-2017-0058
- Chen, S., Law, R., & Zhang, M. (2021). Review of research on tourism-related diseases. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, 26(1), 44–58. https://doi.org/10.1080/10941665.2020.1805478
- Chiao, H. M., Chen, Y. L., & Huang, W. H. (2018). Examining the usability of an online virtual tour-guiding platform for cultural tourism education. Journal of Hospitality, Leisure, Sport and Tourism Education, 23(May), 29–38. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhlste.2018.05.002
- Cho, Y., Wang, Y., & Daniel, R. (2002). Journal of Travel & Tourism Searching for Experiences. Tourism, 12–4(September 2014), 1–17. https://doi.org/10.1300/J073v12n04
- Cho, Y.-H., & Fesenmaier, D. R. (2000). A Conceptual Framework for Evaluating Effects of a Virtual Tour. Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism 2000, 314–323. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7091-6291-0_28
- Darmayanti, T. E., Kusbiantoro, K., Lesmana, C., Milyardi, R., Gunawan, I. V., Muliati, A., & Sugata, F. (2022). Spatial Experience Through Virtual Tour During Pandemic Covid-19 as A Cultural Resilience: Case Study - Pecinan Village, Jamblang, Cirebon, Indonesia. Proceedings of the 1st World Conference on Social and Humanities Research (W-SHARE 2021), 654, 34–37. https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.220402.008
- De Luca, V., Marcantonio, G., Barba, M. C., & De Paolis, L. T. (2022). A Virtual Tour for the Promotion of Tourism of the City of Bari. Information (Switzerland), 13(7), 1–16. https://doi.org/10.3390/info13070339
- El-Said, O., & Aziz, H. (2022). Virtual Tours a Means to an End: An Analysis of Virtual Tours’ Role in Tourism Recovery Post COVID-19. Journal of Travel Research, 61(3), 528–548. https://doi.org/10.1177/0047287521997567
- Irwan, Khadijah, U. L., & Tahir, R. (2020). Memperkenalkan pariwisata budaya dan heritage kepada generasi muda melalui virtual tour ke pulau penyengat. 17(2).
- Khalili, M., & Ghanei, F. (2017). Designing for Experience-Based Tourism : A Virtual Tour in Tehran. International Journal of Social, Behavioral, Educational, Economic, Business and Industrial Engineering, 11(7), 1490–1495.
- Lu, J., Xiao, X., Xu, Z., Wang, C., Zhang, M., & Zhou, Y. (2022). The potential of virtual tourism in the recovery of tourism industry during the COVID-19 pandemic. Current Issues in Tourism, 25(3), 441–457. https://doi.org/10.1080/13683500.2021.1959526
- Mah, O. B. P., Yan, Y., Tan, J. S. Y., Tan, Y. X., Tay, G. Q. Y., Chiam, D. J., Wang, Y. C., Dean, K., & Feng, C. C. (2019). Generating a virtual tour for the preservation of the (in)tangible cultural heritage of Tampines Chinese Temple in Singapore. Journal of Cultural Heritage, 39, 202–211. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.culher.2019.04.004
- Nata, G. N. M., Anthony, S., & Yudiastra, P. P. (2020). Knowledge Discovery And Virtual Tour To Support Tourism Promotion. IAIC Transactions on Sustainable Digital Innovation (ITSDI), 2(2), 94–106. https://doi.org/10.34306/itsdi.v2i2.387
- Ncube, F. N., Chikuta, O., Basera, V., Baipai, R., Mazhande, P., & Tapfuma, M. (2021). Economic Impacts of the Covid-19 Pandemic on the Hotel Business in Zimbabwe. Journal of Tourism, Culinary and Entrepreneurship (Jtce), 1(2), 105–121. https://doi.org/10.37715/jtce.v1i2.2184
- Nicolas, A., Jutalo, D., Rada, Y., & Sitaniapessy, D. A. (2022). SENTIMAS: Seminar Nasional Penelitian dan Pengabdian Masyarakat Implementation of Virtual Tours as Information Media In Praiyawang Traditional Village Implementasi Virtual Tour Sebagai Media Informasi di Kampung Adat Praiyawang. 1–11.
- Nurudin, Wirawan, Pujiastuti, & Astuti. (2020). Strategi Bertahan Hotel di Bali Saat Pandemi Covid-19. Jurnal Kajian Bali (Journal of Bali Studies), 10(2), 579. https://doi.org/10.24843/jkb.2020.v10.i02.p11
- Pakpahan, N. H. (2020). Legal Validity of Virtual Reality Tourism in Indonesia Society 5.0. The 2’nd International Conference on Tourism and Entrepreneurship (ICTE) 2020, 838–845.
- Putri, F., Lusianingrum, W., Putri, S. I., & Aziziyah, S. A. (2023). MOVE : Journal of Community Service and Engagement. 02(03), 96–101.
- Risdawati AP, A., Imron, D. K., & Pertiwi, C. (2020). Tourism Village: Challenges and Opportunities in New Normal. 510(March), 540–544. https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.201219.082
- Roradi, S. F. R., & Mutiaz, I. R. (2022). Design of Borneo Virtual Tour Website as a Media for Promotion of Dayak Cultural Tourism Objects, Pampang Village Samarinda. Proceedings of the ICON ARCCADE 2021: The 2nd International Conference on Art, Craft, Culture and Design (ICON-ARCCADE 2021), 625, 302–306. https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.211228.039
- Satrya, I. D. G. (2017). Ecotourism Village as the Manifestation of Social Entrepreneurship. Journal of Entrepreneur and Entrepreneurship, 1(1), 35–42.
- Satrya, I. D. G., Kaihatu, T. S., & Pranata, L. (2019). Ecotourism As a Soft Skill Practice for Millenials. Jurnal Entrepreneur Dan Entrepreneurship, 8(2), 22–29. https://doi.org/10.37715/jee.v8i2.1121
- Sianipar, R., & Bernedeta Sitorus, N. (2022). Marketing Strategies for Tourism Village in West Bandung District in Covid-19 Pandemic. Journal of Industrial Engineering & Management Research, 3(1), 234–240.
- Sibi, P. S., Arun, D. O. P., & Ashraf, M. (2020). Changing Paradigms of Travel Motivations Post COVID- 19. International Journal of Management, 11(11), 489–500. https://doi.org/10.3390/su11092506
- Sofronov, B. (2018). Millennials: a New Trend for the Tourism Industry. Annals of Spiru Haret University. Economic Series, 18(3), 109–122. https://doi.org/10.26458/1838
- Subadra, I. N. (2020). Pariwisata Budaya dan Pandemi Covid-19: Memahami Kebijakan Pemerintah dan Reaksi Masyarakat Bali. Jurnal Kajian Bali (Journal of Bali Studies), 10(23), 537.
- Tavakoli, R., & Mura, P. (2015). “Journeys in Second Life” - Iranian Muslim women’s behaviour in virtual tourist destinations. Tourism Management, 46, 398–407. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2014.07.015
- Vadreas, A. K., Purwasih, R., Saputra, H., & ... (2022). Design and Build an Eco Edu Tourism Application Using a Virtual Tour Guide in the Thematic Eco Enzyme Village, Padang City. Indonesian Journal of …, 01(02), 108–116.
- Veiga, C., Santos, M. C., Águas, P., & Santos, J. A. C. (2017). Are millennials transforming global tourism? Challenges for destinations and companies. Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes, 9(6), 603–616. https://doi.org/10.1108/WHATT-09-2017-0047
- Verma, S., Warrier, L., Bolia, B., & Mehta, S. (2022). Past, present, and future of virtual tourism-a literature review. International Journal of Information Management Data Insights, 2(2). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jjimei.2022.100085
- Wang, Y., Yu, Q., & Fesenmaier, D. R. (2002). Defining the virtual tourist community: Implications for tourism marketing. Tourism Management, 23(4), 407–417. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0261-5177(01)00093-0