Main Article Content
Traveling is becoming easier with technology. Tourists can choose and determine the accommodation used to stay. Virtual hotel operators (VHO) help travelers choose lodging according to time, cost and desired location. The aim of this research is to describe the advantages of VHO based on family traveler experiences. The growth of tourist accommodation provides choices that benefit tourists. Every accommodation definitely has a market segment. The formulation of the problem in this research is, what are the advantages of VHO based on the experience of family travelers?. This research was conducted using a qualitative approach. The primary data source was obtained through the experience of family travelers staying at VHO (OYO and RedDoorz) in 3 cities (Solo, Jogja and Jakarta). VHO’s advantages mainly lie in its location close to the main tourist destinations and affordable prices. Because of these two things, several things that are lacking from VHO do not reduce satisfaction and positive impressions from tourists. Some things are lacking, such as the accommodation environment being less than beautiful, no parking area, lack of privacy.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Adhistyo, T., Hardiani, W. A. A., & Aswan, M. K. (2021). Effect Of E-Service Quality And Online Review on Guest Satisfaction at Virtual Hotel Operator in The City Of Semarang. Kontigensi : Jurnal Ilmiah Manajemen, 9(2), 500–510. https://doi.org/10.56457/jimk.v9i2.199
- Alwindrajudi, A., Hurriyati, R., & Dirgantari, P. D. (2021). A Study of E-Loyalty on Virtual Hotels Operator (VHO). Proceedings of the 5th Global Conference on Business, Management and Entrepreneurship (GCBME 2020), 187(Gcbme 2020), 325–327. https://doi.org/10.2991/aebmr.k.210831.063
- Ardani, P. A., & Indriani, P. (2022). the Effect of Brand Image and Customer Satisfaction on Customer Loyalty ( Case Study At Reddoorz Hotel Near Botani Squre Mall Bogor ). 6(2), 349–357.
- Ardiansyah, A. H., . S., & Yuniarinto, A. (2022). The Effect of Marketing Mix Strategy on Customer Loyalty in Virtual Hotel Operation with the Mediation of Customer Satisfaction: A Study of RedDoorz in Greater Malang. The International Journal of Business & Management, 10(6), 16–29. https://doi.org/10.24940/theijbm/2022/v10/i6/bm2206-004
- Arreza, M. K. B. (2022). Virtual Hotel Operator (VHO) Affiliated Small Accommodation Business: A Comparison of Perceived Performance. Journal of Community Development Research (Humanities and Social Sciences), 15(1), 1–13.
- Barlés-Arizón, M. J., Fraj-Andrés, E., & Martínez-Salinas, E. (2013). Family Vacation Decision Making: The Role of Woman. Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, 30(8), 873–890. https://doi.org/10.1080/10548408.2013.835681
- Ervina, E., Indra, D., & Taufiq, R. (2021). Critical Success Factors (CSFs) on virtual hotel operators in Bandung city. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 704(1). https://doi.org/10.1088/1755-1315/704/1/012012
- Esguerra, J. G., & Arreza, M. K. B. (2021). The motivational factors on using virtual hotel operators’ accommodation among tourists in cebu city, philippines. Journal of Business on Hospitality and Tourism, 7(3), 212. https://doi.org/10.22334/jbhost.v7i3.281
- Febrianta, M. Y., Yusditira, Y., & Widianesty, S. (2021). Application of social network analysis for determining the suitable social media influencers. International Journal of Research in Business and Social Science (2147- 4478), 10(6), 349–354. https://doi.org/10.20525/ijrbs.v10i6.1347
- Gram, M. (2005). Family holidays. a qualitative analysis of family holiday experiences. Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, 5(1), 2–22. https://doi.org/10.1080/15022250510014255
- Kim, E. J., Tanford, S., & Choi, C. (2020). Family versus couples: How travel goal influences evaluations of bundled travel packages. Journal of Vacation Marketing, 26(1), 3–17. https://doi.org/10.1177/1356766719842325
- Kurnia, G., & Putri, S. B. (2019). Influencing Consumer ’ S Behavior : Perspective of Information Quality and Consumers Reviews. Global Research & Development Services, 5(1), 254–266.
- Lehto, X. Y., Choi, S., Lin, Y. C., & MacDermid, S. M. (2009). Vacation and Family Functioning. Annals of Tourism Research, 36(3), 459–479. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annals.2009.04.003
- Lehto, X. Y., Lin, Y. C., Chen, Y., & Choi, S. (2012). Family Vacation Activities and Family Cohesion. Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, 29(8), 835–850. https://doi.org/10.1080/10548408.2012.730950
- Li, M., Wang, D., Xu, W., & Mao, Z. (Eddie). (2017). Motivation for family vacations with young children: anecdotes from the Internet. Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, 34(8), 1047–1057. https://doi.org/10.1080/10548408.2016.1276007
- Nilamsari, N., Febryansyah, A., & Toruan, R. R. (2021). Integrated Marketing Communications Activities of Reddoorz Indonesia: a Strategy To Preserve the Business During Covid-19 Pandemic. Iccd, 3(1), 427–431. https://doi.org/10.33068/iccd.vol3.iss1.394
- Nugroho, A. P., & Hati, S. R. H. (2020). Determinants of repurchase intention and switching intention: Analysis of online travel agent, peer-to-peer accommodation, and virtual hotel operator platforms. Market-Trziste, 32(1), 79–96. https://doi.org/10.22598/mt/2020.32.1J9
- Nurwahyuni, A. P., Arief, A. F., Saputra, B., Melatikesuma, C., Moses, F., Prasetyo, I. D., Ananda, M. R., & Supinah, S. (2021). Analysis of the effect of price and quality of service on customer satisfaction RedDoorz Hotel Jakarta. Priviet Social Sciences Journal, 1(1), 1–5. https://doi.org/10.55942/pssj.v1i1.48
- Nurwati, E., Raharjo, P. G., & Yuliani, N. (2022). Electronic Word of Mouth, Perceived Price, and Brand Image Increasing Purchase Intention in RedDoorz Indonesia Through Perceived Service Quality as Intervening Variable. ENDLESS : International Journal of Future Studies, 5(1), 54–72. https://doi.org/10.54783/endless.v5i1.213
- Prakarsa, G. (2020). Integration of Mobile Perceived Compatibility, Mobile Perceived Financial Resources, and Mobile Perceived System Quality with TAM in Virtual Hotel Operator Applications in Indonesia. International Journal of Global Operations Research, 1(2), 62–70. https://doi.org/10.47194/ijgor.v1i2.36
- Putra, F. K. K., & Law, R. (2023). Critical success factors for virtual hotel operator partnership with small- and medium-sized hotels: perspectives of owners and operators. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Insights. https://doi.org/10.1108/JHTI-06-2022-0244
- Ramadhiana, I. N., Prakarsa, G., & Nasution, V. M. (2021). User Acceptance of Virtual Hotel Operator Applications in Indonesia. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 1115(1), 012027. https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899x/1115/1/012027
- Risqiadinda, L., & Indrawati. (2020). Variables Influencing the Purchase Decision towards OYO Rooms and Reddoorz. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), 9(8), 17–22. https://doi.org/10.21275/SR20728121453
- Rizki, T. M., J Ma’ruf, J., & Utami, S. (2022). the Effect of Brand Image, Price, and Value on Repurchase Intention With Trust As a Mediation on Virtual Hotel Operator Customers in Banda Aceh City. International Journal of Business Management and Economic Review, 05(02), 15–29. https://doi.org/10.35409/ijbmer.2022.3366
- Shofia, A., Bakhtiar, A., & Prastawa, H. (2020). The impact of critical success factor of lean six sigma implementation towards the improvement of business performance on low-cost hotel industry: A literature review. AIP Conference Proceedings, 2217. https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0000707
- Situmorang, S. B. M., & Aruan, D. T. H. (2021). The Role of Customer Brand Engagement on Brand Loyalty in the Usage of Virtual Hotel Operator. Proceedings of the International Conference on Business and Engineering Management (ICONBEM 2021), 177, 101–109. https://doi.org/10.2991/aebmr.k.210522.014
- Suhendra, D. R., & Hermana, C. (2022). The influence of facilities and service quality on the decision to stay at the reddoorz syariah hotel near gor panatayuda karawang. 6, 802–809.
- Tunjungsari, K. R., & Arianty, A. A. A. A. S. (2020). The Impact of Virtual Hotel Operator toward Local Accommodation in Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia. International Conference On Tourism and Entrepeneursihp (ICTE) 2020, 1698–1708.
- Wiastuti, R. D., & Susilowardhani, E. M. (2016). Virtual Hotel Operator; Is It Disruption for Hotel Industry? Jurnal Hospitality Dan Pariwisata, 2(2), 201–215.